21 to 25 items

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cylinder, piston & rod is serviced as a "liner kit" and replaced by the hole in the Gen1 engine. They will not necessarily replace them all, but probably will. Crank may be reground & undersize bearing set installed. Heads will probably crack-checked & freshened with new springs and seals. Some 93s and 94s had soft valve tips. They will be inspected & replaced if any are questionable. Cam and lifters might be replaced. Pushrods will likely be checked for straightness and wear, then replaced if necessary. Oil pump rotors new. Timing set probably new. TBs cleaned. T-stat & temp senders new. Crank & cam sensors new. Idle motor new. Map sensor new. Alternator tested. Throttle cables probably new.

(Just my guess)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
1) You get all this because of a HEAD GASKET LEAK on an extended warranty! Having a gasket leak is actually fortuitous! The 'checklist' does indeed have an implied "AS NEEDED", but if any doubt exists the part is refinished or replaced.

2) Sorry for the "told ya, told ya" but this only solidifies the 'Epistle according to Apostle JonB' concerning Arrow's 22-25 point checklist: get a warrantee and use it! Roy was within a few DAYS of eating this whole enchilada.

Of course, you could easily replace the head gaskets yerself!

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FRANK, are you sure you want to go with the Yosemite Sam mudflaps and not the ones with the chrome-plated women on them?
You must be registered for see images

KWIK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roy,

The list I gave you of repairs made by Arrow to the Gen1 engines came directly from the manager of Arrow Racing. I prefer to believe they are a reputable firm and do what they say. As for the 25 items....I don't know where that came from. I can only tell you this list came from Arrow.

Ken Klickman

RoyV101621

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Help me to complete this list.

GEN1 Arrow rebuild:
<FONT COLOR="red">!!! AS NEEDED !!!</FONT c>
1&gt; crank shaft

2 New windage tray 1995 and older
3 Oil pan
4 Push rods
5 Lifters
6 Timing Chain
7 Cam
8 Crank gears
9 Cam shaft
10 Front cover
11 oil pump assembly
12 Rods (connecting or push or both?)
13 Pistons
14 New cylinder liners
15 Re-manufacturing of heads
16 All seals and gaskets
17-18 Spark plugs plug wires

19-21 All cylinder block specifications such as..line bore,replacement of cam bearings, and any other machining or modification necessary to bring the motor up to specifications.

22 The motor is then dynoed for two hours for horsepower check, put back in the box and returned to you.

Wow Fresh!!! Is this the complete list or is there more?

<FONT COLOR="blue">Whoops !&lt;@&gt;? Sorry JonB - </FONT c><FONT COLOR="red">AS NEEDED</FONT c>
<FONT COLOR="blue">Did I cause trouble by sharing restricted info
or partial info?</FONT c>

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to be pessimistic...but I seriously doubt that Arrow will be replacing everything that you listed. I know everyone is under the assumption that every item will be replaced, but I don't believe it at all. If everything is in spec., etc. or shows no wear, I doubt it will be replaced. Maybe cleaned up and reassembled...also, many of the motors that they rebuild have low miles on them to begin with. I'd absolutely love to take a motor apart, mark everything with a engraver, put it back together, and send it to them. Then rip the motor apart when you get it back from them to see exactly what was replaced. This is far-fetched...but would put my mind at ease.