3.55's...

Ray R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 3.55\'s...

Now to find a reputable viper tech around here. Anyone know how I can find out?

Where is "around here"? If you specifiy the city/state, I'll bet you'll get some good recommendations.

Cool info on the ABS speedo sensor! I too did not know that.

One other thing I forgot to mention. There is an additive that is supposed to be used with the differential lube. If you use the synthetic Amsoil product, or similar, this additive is not needed. But if you use the regular gear oil specified by DC, you must use this additive or your differential will make some aweful noises when you go around a corner. Keep in mind, I'm a Gen II guy. But my guess is that this will still hold true for Gen IIIs.

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score

ARMORGOD

I had to change the wheels... 18" all around. I went with SSR Comps because they are alot lighter then stock wheels.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Armorgod / Carrot,

I'm just saying that they may have increased the boost to get those numbers. The car will do it, but it may not live quite as long. As I recall you were having fuel problems in another post. Increased boost will cause this.

Good luck.

Dan

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Boost is the same as it was. No CATS and a straight through 3" exhaust is what I'd attribute it to. My fuel problems were caused by the exhaust. It ran leaner without the cats. I did bigger injectors so I wouldn't have to run 200 lbs of fuel pressure! It made 682 lbs of torque too.

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score

X,

My car had the same deal that BC's did - my aftermarket headers/exhaust make quite a difference in the performance of the engine. It simply CAN'T get enough fuel through part of the power band. With the injectors pushing all the fuel that they can (not a good situation) the engine still goes lean around 3000 rpm. So, larger injectors, which facilitate more fuel to go along with all the extra air the engine is getting, will net a good bit more power. And all this at the stock Paxton boost setting. The pulley is the same. And the pistons are not really being pushed too hard yet. The timing is still severly ********. Both my and BC's car could put out over 800 at the rear, simply by advancing the timing back toward the stock settings, but Paxton backs off the timing a good bit, IOT help keep the pistons safe. The tuner is going to leave the timing at that conservative setting, IOT keep the engine safe.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score

QUOTE:

"My car had the same deal that BC's did - my aftermarket headers/exhaust make quite a difference in the performance of the engine. It simply CAN'T get enough fuel through part of the power band. With the injectors pushing all the fuel that they can (not a good situation) the engine still goes lean around 3000 rpm. So, larger injectors, which facilitate more fuel to go along with all the extra air the engine is getting, will net a good bit more power. And all this at the stock Paxton boost setting. The pulley is the same. And the pistons are not really being pushed too hard yet. The timing is still severly ********. Both my and BC's car could put out over 800 at the rear, simply by advancing the timing back toward the stock settings, but Paxton backs off the timing a good bit, IOT help keep the pistons safe. The tuner is going to leave the timing at that conservative setting, IOT keep the engine safe"

Same here...