3 bucks a gallon

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
O.K, paid 2.49 today (3bucks is coming)...300 gallons a year,extra buck a gallon,equals about 300 bucks a year...chump change,who cares........I say 5 bucks a gallon and we we dump the middle east...........

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha, ha, ha. Have a look on this:
In Montreal we pay 2.84$US the 91 octan but in local money it costs 3.80$CAN :(
In November when the elections come (unfortunately you don't have much choice) think twice who you vote for. What's happening in the middle east is so sad and it harms every body and there are no easy solutions.
300$ bucks is a lot of money but if you think you can save it elsewhere. I shopped during a week for insurance and I lowered it by 500$US !!! I want to get a G-Tech Pro, prices are between 290$US and 400$ in Montreal. Do your tuning yourself. Get a Toyota Echo for commuting ... :)
And to keep the moral up eat a good 30oz Alberta Steak every week :)

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ha, ha, ha. Have a look on this:
In Montreal we pay 2.84$US the 91 octan but in local money it costs 3.80$CAN :(
In November when the elections come (unfortunately you don't have much choice) think twice who you vote for. What's happening in the middle east is so sad and it harms every body and there are no easy solutions.
300$ bucks is a lot of money but if you think you can save it elsewhere. I shopped during a week for insurance and I lowered it by 500$US !!! I want to get a G-Tech Pro, prices are between 290$US and 400$ in Montreal. Do your tuning yourself. Get a Toyota Echo for commuting ... :)
And to keep the moral up eat a good 30oz Alberta Steak every week :)

I like that thinking!

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 bucks what a bargain, you should try paying the 2nd highest fuel rates in the World, were just behind Norway.

A tank in the viper is around $120.00 :confused:

Now thats made you feel a lot better about coughing up a measley 3 bucks .. :D

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
O.K, paid 2.49 today (3bucks is coming)...300 gallons a year,extra buck a gallon,equals about 300 bucks a year...chump change,who cares........I say 5 bucks a gallon and we we dump the middle east...........

Raise the gas tax
Lower income tax
Leave the Middle East

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm... *looks out of the window*...

1.21 €uro per litre! ~ 1.43 US $ per litre.

1 gallon = 3.78 litre.

So... US$ 5.40 per gallon.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finland too, close to 5 bucks/gallon.

I laugh when I fill my Viper here in Pennsylvania. Its like putting money in the bank!!!
I go out for one of those steaks too...

Lauri

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
For the Europeans, instead of thinking that Americans have had it too good for too long with relatively low gas prices, consider that you all never should have been paying so much for fuel in the first place.

Oil pricing, especially as of late, consists of little more than a bunch of Arabs sitting around deciding they should cut production so that the price per barrel goes up another dollar. Contrary to popular belief, oil is NOT scarce. Even if we exhaused the Middle East oil supplies, which would probably take centuries if not millenia, there are other reserves ALL OVER THE WORLD that are still untapped. Middle East oil is so desirable because it is shallow, easily drilled, and easily refined, making it relatively cheap.

There are huge oil reserves in Russia, China, Afghanistan, Siberia, Bulgaria - even Canada (in the form of tar sands) but they are more difficult (though not impossible) to reach and refine.

If those pricks over in the desert keep making the cost per barrel go up (war is very expensive), and I sincerely hope they do, it will eventually make economic sense to abandon the Middle East and start exploring alternatives.

Then, they can have their ****** little sandbox all to themselves. Good riddance.

Paying $3 per gallon AND dealing with the crap the Middle East generates just isn't worth it. I'd much rather give my USD to Canada and drive with a clear conscience.

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
75 % of what we pay for gas is tax. That is unbelievable. Still our stupid government is driving us down to a level with Uganda when they continue that way.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 bucks what a bargain, you should try paying the 2nd highest fuel rates in the World, were just behind Norway.

A tank in the viper is around $120.00 :confused:

Now thats made you feel a lot better about coughing up a measley 3 bucks .. :D

Isn't Norway like the 2nd largest producer of oil? Some Norwegians in the Philippines I knew were complaining that even though there are off-shore oil rigs in Norwegian waters, their gas was expensive...

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Norway is a good size oil producer, country with no debt.

It still doesn't mean that they couldn't tax the crap out of their citizens....
:confused:

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since Mexico is sitting on vast, untapped oil reserves, I suggest that we relocate our border south of the Rio Grande and annex Mexico.

Given that we have so many illegal aliens anyway, we'll have support from a large segment of the Mexican population.

Don

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did a very indepth report on this for one of my classes. As the price per barrel of oil is approaching if not $40 a barrel, it could go down by almost 50% if the " reserves " were tapped in Saudi Arabia and Iraq. The ONLY reason Saudi Arabia is not helping more ( they are our biggest supplier of foreign oil ) is they also have to appease the League of Arab Nations. If they help us too much, they are [******]. But in the end ( despite what anyone else says ) it is about the high up execs. getting more poclet money...plain and simple.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't count on Saudi Arabia to lower oil prices... This is the only revenue for the Royal Family. :)

And our gouvernments need also revenues ... so they won't lower taxes neither. :(

The only thing that we can do to beat these ultra-capitalists is to reduce our consumptions.

HOWEVER, NO WAY TO TOUCH TO MY VIPER !!!

I prefer to eat it low priced mad cow from Alberta :) and commute using the local bus ... This way I support people from my country and make the earth healthier :)

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, apparently there are TONS of ways to reduce consumption. Apparently, driving at a consistent 60mph, instead of 65mpg saves you like 5% or so in MPG. They say driving irratically ( stop and goes / driving fast ) reduces consumption like 20% - 30% in some cases. Easier said then done...but it's possible to use much less gas if we try.

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since Mexico is sitting on vast, untapped oil reserves, I suggest that we relocate our border south of the Rio Grande and annex Mexico.

Pretty much already have, now it is called California, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada and Texas.

Better to keep PEMEX in charge of the oil if we ever want to see any. When we aquire productive regions we shut down the wells, witness all the idle derricks in California both on and offshore. And then these same geniuses "deregulate" meaning retail prices are capped while wholesale prices follow their natural course (hey, that's not what "deregulate" is supposed to mean..) turning a once energy producing state into a blackout capitol. Brilliant.

But as Dennis notes most of what you pay for gasoline is tax, Neil can tell you all about that. Gas is still 50 cents a gallon, after that it's all tax, tax, tax.

Over and out from occupied Mexico.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we pay around 81p-88p per litre, last thing I heard 75% was tax to the government :(

Yes we get ripped off but little can be done, we did have a strike a few years ago started by the truck drivers and others joined in who blocked filling stations and oil companies refuelling stations, that worked and brought the country to a holt, fuel ran out within the week. It worked and kept prices from rising for a while, time for another one....

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we pay around 81p-88p per litre, last thing I heard 75% was tax to the government :(

Yes we get ripped off but little can be done, we did have a strike a few years ago started by the truck drivers and others joined in who blocked filling stations and oil companies refuelling stations, that worked and brought the country to a holt, fuel ran out within the week. It worked and kept prices from rising for a while, time for another one....

So that's pretty much the same we pay. A bit more... 88p ~ 1.31 €uro.
But here, no one thinks about a strike... :mad:

Some months ago, a certain party here thought about raising taxes to get the price up to 2.50 €uro per litre. ( 1.66 GBP, 2.97 US $ ) PER LITRE!!

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Leave the Middle East
I agree, but give us back our $100 billion first.
The massacre of all the lives over there is senseless.
Expect taxes to continue to increase to pay for this waste of money and lives.

LIRacer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey, unfair Gerald! I love my SUV! I have four kids and I have every right to drive what I dersire. I can afford it and I can afford $5 a gallon gas.
Very simple to cure the fuel problem: Tell the Israelis to duck and then nuke the entire mideast. Rid the world of that cancer once and for all...build a pipe line to NJ from Ryahd! After the radiation dispates, black top the entire mideast and build a really great race track.

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just drove 240 miles in the Viper on an interstate that has a DPS officer on the average every 20 miles. That's the bad news. The good news is that I got almost 20 miles to the gallon.

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd rather pay $5/gallon and have congress get rid of the AMT. That tax is going to burden more and more people and the government won't get rid of it because it generates so much money. They dug a hole they can't get out of and more and more people are going to fall in.

cayenne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, apparently there are TONS of ways to reduce consumption. Apparently, driving at a consistent 60mph, instead of 65mpg saves you like 5% or so in MPG. They say driving irratically ( stop and goes / driving fast ) reduces consumption like 20% - 30% in some cases. Easier said then done...but it's possible to use much less gas if we try.

You mean people actually drive THAT slow? I only look at my speedo when the radar detector comes on.

:)

I'm looking forward to my future swap of my 911 Turbo for a 94-96 RT/10.....I'll get better gas mileage and I've found out my insurance will go down $0.48/mo.

Right now, I only get about 9-10 mpg city driving....if I keep my foot out of the turbo...I get close to 11.

I've never looked at the pump price....every car I've ever owned was pretty much a performance car....so, I figure if you can't afford the insurance and fuel....you should not be driving one.

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You mean people actually drive THAT slow? I only look at my speedo when the radar detector comes on.

I'm looking forward to my future swap of my 911 Turbo for a 94-96 RT/10.....I'll get better gas mileage and I've found out my insurance will go down $0.48/mo.

Right now, I only get about 9-10 mpg city driving....if I keep my foot out of the turbo...I get close to 11.

I've never looked at the pump price....every car I've ever owned was pretty much a performance car....so, I figure if you can't afford the insurance and fuel....you should not be driving one.

:2tu: :headbang:

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know very little about the process of refining oil into gasoline, but wasn't the Alaska pipe line supposed to drastically reduce the US dependancy on foreign oil sources ?

It is only by the thinest thread that Canada is not part of the United States anyway. ( Mr. Benedict Arnold was about 50 soldiers short of that task. ) We should, with our brothers to the North, band together and tap into Canada's vast oil potential and produce "our fuel" for "our Continent". And I would also rather give Mexico money for oil than anyone in the Middle East. They to sit on huge oil potentials. The Arab nations would take a pretty serious income hit if the entire Western customer base no longer made purchases. Not to "hurt" them, but it makes more sense to spend the money locally rather than 1/2 way around the globe. I would rather pay more per gallon and know it is "local" fuel, fueling the "local" economy.

Hissses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$5/gallon would lower traffic and get those $#@% SUV's off the road :laugh: and that's a good thing
'97 GTS - Roe blower by Macedo Motorsports
'00 Jaguar XKR - Black supercharged
'01 Excursion Limited - Black V-10

Is the '01 Excursion Limited Black V-10 just a lawn ornament? :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery