3 Vipers going at Barrett Jackson Auction this year.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
710.1 is an '03
9046 is a 96 GTS
9054 is an '01 RT/10

Here's hoping for some high prices. Not sure what day these will go. If I had to guess it would be Saturday or Sunday. Anyone going to the VCA shin dig?

OP
OP
Batboy

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like only one is a no-reserve auction. So, I'd say only one at the most. The good news is that car (the SRT) was Craig Barrett's, so you would think he will make sure it gets good exposure.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over 270 people expected at the VCA luncheon. The 50 VCA special Vipers will be delivered there. A VCA Board meeting will be held, as well as a Presidents meeting. Everyone will get updated on upcoming VOI.9 and other special events now in planning.

A large number of members from the Arizona region will have special passes, preferred parking, and some food for this fantastic event.

The Auction will take place under the worlds largest tent. Muscle cars are going up on an almost daily basis. They expect record prices to be obtained this year, and going up from there. Anything with a Hemi gets big bucks.

OP
OP
Batboy

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Almost makes me wish I lived in AZ... almost. Should be a great event. I'm jealous I won't be there. Please get many pics.

OP
OP
Batboy

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! I would seriously have a hard time paying that much for a car with an automatic. Should be intersting to see if it gets that much. The record at Barrett Jackson is 4 million (not counting buyer's premium) set last year. Doubt they will hit that this year, but you never know.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got to go next year!!! when does the above mentioned Hemi car go on the showfloor for bidding? I would guess friday night or saturday night (best exposure).

OP
OP
Batboy

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! I would seriously have a hard time paying that much for a car with an automatic. Should be intersting to see if it gets that much. The record at Barrett Jackson is 4 million (not counting buyer's premium) set last year. Doubt they will hit that this year, but you never know.

Oops. Typo there. The record is actually 3 million before the premium.

when does the above mentioned Hemi car go on the showfloor for bidding? I would guess friday night or saturday night (best exposure).

The lot# is 1309. It's listed as the 154 car to go Saturday, but they start at like 10AM. So, I would guess it will be Saturday afternoon to evening between 4 and 8 PM.

Did these sell?

Not yet. Two are reserve listings, and won't be televised. The other ('03 SRT) is owned by Craig Jackson. It's lot#710.1 and is listed to go Thursday evening. Should be interesting to see if the owner's status brings the value up. The listing for the car is here http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/scottsdale/vehicles/cardetail_list.asp?id=182383

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant wait to see what happends to that. A bit odd to list any "non-special" Viper since you have to pay 8% commission on each side. Buyer pays a 8% buyers commission and sellers pays an 8% sellers commission to Barrett Jackson. A lot for a "regular" Viper. If it was a GT2, 92 RT/10 or ACR Final Edition I would understand.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh wow...who wouldn't want an '03 once owned by Craig Jackson. That's well worth the commissions, and you'll be able to tell all your friends. LOL. :rolleyes:

vviperr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WHAT A GREAT BUSINESS
You pay for admission
Buyer pays a commission
Seller pays a commission
You have to pay to bid
I assume they get fees for television rights
Vendors pay fees to sell their products
About the only thing free is going to the head

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget that is plus BJ commission - makes it 68k I believe.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sold for 62 or 63K way to cheap..

A friend of mine buys them all the time at the Orlando auction for that price. He bought an 2005 cooper head for $64K and the car only had like a couple thousands miles on it. Go figure? He sold it a week later for $67K.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my brother said screw barrett jackson. he bought a brand new 2006 viper srt-10 coupe yesterday from the dodge dealer in phoenix. its blue with white stripes. he paid $81k. not sure if that price included tax or not but the car is brand new with 0 miles and has a 3 year 36k mile warranty.

the 2003 viper srt-10 vert that sold at barrett jackson tonight sold for $63k. the buyer has to pay 8% on top of that and in this case that means an extra $5k. the buyer also has to pay sales tax on top of that too i believe, and in phoenix that is another 8% so thats another $5k. so the grand total to purchase this car at barrett jackson cost this buyer $73k :rolleyes:

btw, i will be at barrett jackson on saturday. i was in phoenix today with my camaro on the dyno. i had xtreme motorsports do a head & cam swap on my camaro with ****** headers, no cats and a big *** loud as hell exhaust system. we will get the final tune dialed with LS1 edit on the dyno next week and i will get some rwhp and rwtq #'s then :2tu: i can't wait to take this muscle car to the dragstrip this spring, its gonna rip the asphalt and throw some pavement :headbang:

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't have to pay the Arizona sales tax if you ship the car back to your house. (out of state, of course)

vmanaktala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like only one is a no-reserve auction. So, I'd say only one at the most.

All car being sold at B-J are no reserve, 100% sold. It is changing the whole high end auto auction business

OP
OP
Batboy

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like only one is a no-reserve auction. So, I'd say only one at the most.

All car being sold at B-J are no reserve, 100% sold. It is changing the whole high end auto auction business

I'm not so sure about that. The other two Vipers have prices associated with them. I do know all the televised auctions are no reserve, but if you look at the auction car list there are a bunch of cars with prices, and these are not being auctioned on TV. I know they are advertising that "all no-reserve", but they could mean the ones they are televising are no-reserve. Either that or maybe there are some cars that are for sale like a dealership. You know, maybe they are just there to get some good exposure. Don't really know.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The highest price viper that ever went across the block at Barrett Jackson was a GT2 that had Oliva Beretta's racing suit and helmet and I believe it sold for $152,000. What's even cooler is cars that have viper motors usally sell over $500,000.