30,000 mile service for gen 2...costly?

stangkilr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
picking up my first viper in a couple of weeks (99 GTS ACR, 27k miles) and i am curious as to what is recommended to be done at the 30k mark...any info would be greatly appreciated...:)

kwkshift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I bought mine, the previous owner had a 30k service done when I picked it up. They changed the oil/ filter, fuel filter, lubed everything, cleaned the injectors/ fuel system, new plugs/ wires, checked the A/C system, seasonal inspection, (whatever that is) and "decarbon throttle bodies."

The total was $561.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
call chuck tator but id change every fluid in the car, all belts,battery,plugs,wires etc...

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
30,000 miles;
Change engine oil and filter
Replace air cleaner element
Replace spark plugs
Lubricate front and rear ball joints
Lubricate steering linkage and tie rod ends
Inspect PCV valve and replace if necessary

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just finished mine at Chuck's, but haven't picked up the car or the bill (he doesn't even send his damn bill for 2 weeks anyway!) I upgraded my brakes too....as if I ever use them.

Tires look great! LOL

Selling the old brake parts if anyone's interested. I'll post in another thread.

DarcShadow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just had mine done about a month ago. Did everything that was in the owners manual as well as some frame upgrades and new tires. Not counting tires my total came to around $1800. Sounds expensive but the individual break down wasn't bad and I filled an entire page with what all they did.