300 MI clutch slip,s

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Les,Thats not good.I'd go see your Viper Tech soon!You,ve got plenty of warranty and for that kind of $$$ I'd be at he's or her door step Tuesday morning! Good luck

RickV2K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there has got to be something done about the lack of testing they perform at the plant. there are numbers of cars being sent out with various problems. i dare anybody to tell me that quality control is of the utmost importance....yes....you too Jon B. i've worked on the main engine line at cadillac gm in detroit as an inspector.....you'd be amazed at the engines that would explode on the dynos...too many reasons to list here. remember the old saying...never buy a car made on fri. or mon.? think about it. there probably insn't one single person working on that assembly line that can afford to buy one the cars they put together....someone mentioned earlier on another post about disgruntled employees....believe me....there are tons of em. slap em together, slap a big price tag on em and let service worry about em later.

rick

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got my RT/10 '01 and love it but was surprised the driver's door came with a poor fit, about 2/8ths of an inch off which resulted in a very obvious seam. Hard to believe they missed this if they inspect the fit and finish. Otherwise the car finish seems quite good.

RickV2K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry Jon.......gotta differ on that. anybody can put em together.....it's the testing that's lacking. there's more to a test than just spinnin the wheels....you're tellin me each and every engine is tested on the dyno? explain to me why the engine had to be replaced when it arrived at the dealership....then when i got it home the rear trans seal leaked ( big time )...they had to replace that? you've got my number...call me if you get a chance. there are other cars out there..(brand new) that have had major problems. i know your background with daimler-chrysler...but these things happen. i've been treated exceptionaly well by the company.....i think you know what i mean. i'm not complaining.......love the hell outa my car.....probably buy a new one soon. lol......my back went out installing that speedo kit. works like a charm. can't imagine anybody wanting a 3.73 rear-end in a car with that much torque. the 3.55 is great.

Rick