304 New gen 5 Vipers on Autotrader for sale

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand econ 101 just fine. There are also two ways to look at supply vs demand. Some prefer to keep supply low, in order to (hopefully) increase demand (and pricing). Some prefer to produce mass quantities and flood the supply, to keep pricing low. If it is a good product, it will still be in demand (hopefully).

The Viper is the first example. Low hand-built supply, and priced accordingly. You saying Chysler "can't" produce things as efficiently as GM or Ford is just silly. Have you ever seen a Ram truck? How about a Dodge Dart? They can do that stuff, if they want. They choose not to do it with the Viper, never have. This is what you've not come to understand.

No you don't understand that they can't. At first I thought you understood econ then when you compared a mass produced car to one they make only like 300 of and again I think you don't know anything. Plus there is more economics than what you have demonstrated as your understanding. Chrysler cannot. If they could then they would. If they could make a better car at a lower price they would because ultimately they would sell more then later they could increase the price. Companies don't say no too profits because they want to make you feel special at night when you go to sleep.

But that is ok. I won't argue with you anymore about this because you clearly are not a technical person in this field. I am. I wouldn't argue with a heart surgeon about heart surgery because I took an anatomy class so take that metaphor for what it is worth.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But that is ok. I won't argue with you anymore about this because you clearly are not a technical person in this field. I am. I wouldn't argue with a heart surgeon about heart surgery because I took an anatomy class so take that metaphor for what it is worth.

Please take your own advice, when discussing Vipers with actual Viper owners and builders. You are not an expert in this field. I am.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand econ 101 just fine. There are also two ways to look at supply vs demand. Some prefer to keep supply low, in order to (hopefully) increase demand (and pricing). Some prefer to produce mass quantities and flood the supply, to keep pricing low. If it is a good product, it will still be in demand (hopefully).

The Viper is the first example. Low hand-built supply, and priced accordingly. You saying Chysler "can't" produce things as efficiently as GM or Ford is just silly. Have you ever seen a Ram truck? How about a Dodge Dart? They can do that stuff, if they want. They choose not to do it with the Viper, never have. This is what you've not come to understand.

******* in the wind my friend.

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please take your own advice, when discussing Vipers with actual Viper owners and builders. You are not an expert in this field. I am.

Damn by that definition I must be a shelby expert lol. I didn't know, owning the car and knowing what parts went into the car made me an expert on wide scale manufacturing, economics, statistics, etc.... Or I guess if we are talking about me the more appropriate thing to say would be I didn't know owning a shelby, modifying the shelby, and knowing exactly how the shelby was built made me an expert engineer.

I should send an application to Ford and SVT to replace Hameedi.

Stop being butt hurt. Someone will always do something better. Here do you want to compare bugatti, koengsegg, and pagani manufacturing? They are all around the same price but guess what????? koenigsegg does it better than everyone else and his tech will trickle down to every day cars of today 10-20 years from now. You want to know why??????

BECAUSE HE IS SMARTER THAN THEM. GM has smarter people working for them. Lets face it they have more resources and money at their disposal so they damn well better have smarter engineers and mathematicians.

How many times do I need to say the viper is slightly over priced and that is ok before you take a hint to stop arguing about it like I am attacking you or the brand personally. It is a very good car but it has constraints like everything else in life. Nobody willingly puts a constraint on themselves. See if you understood econ like you preach you would know the assumptions of economics that state everyone is always trying to optimize their decisions and they always want more to less. It is called the invisible hand. This was the optimization point for viper which is perfectly fine. Better than porsche who tacks on 40k just for the brand name, at least the viper has value. There is a lesson for you.

Last edited:

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRTViper, I sent you a nice PM. Thanks for the lesson? Hopefully I can be successful someday with your shared knowledge. Much appreciated!

OP
OP
K

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No you don't understand that they can't. At first I thought you understood econ then when you compared a mass produced car to one they make only like 300 of and again I think you don't know anything. Plus there is more economics than what you have demonstrated as your understanding. Chrysler cannot. If they could then they would. If they could make a better car at a lower price they would because ultimately they would sell more then later they could increase the price. Companies don't say no too profits because they want to make you feel special at night when you go to sleep.

Mr. SRTviper, you claim to have superior/expertise knowledge of "economics".

Yet we are talking manufacturing and production. Economics is the overall study of the economy and not the study of marketing or manufacturing.

Please do not confuse the two. But regardless, what exactly are your qualifications ( college degree ? Masters in micro economics or Macro) that make you an expert in economics as you state that Mr. Nine Ball "don't know anything" and therefore must be ignorant to your superior knowledge or education....... simply because he disagrees with your OPINION.

I assume that anyone that disagrees with you must know nothing , and anyone who agrees with you can only be smart..... until that person that you thought was smart now disagrees with you on a totally different or separate subject matter and they become stupid ....right ??

Please indulge us here on the Viper forums.....

Last edited:

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yet we are talking manufacturing and production. Economics is the overall study of the economy and not the study of marketing or manufacturing.

Please do not confuse the two. But regardless, what exactly are your qualifications ( college degree ? Masters in micro economics or Macro) that make you an expert in economics as you state that Mr. Nine Ball "don't know anything" and therefore must be ignorant to your superior knowledge or education....... simply because he disagrees with your OPINION.

I assume that anyone the disagrees with must know nothing , and anyone who agrees with you can only be smart..... until that person that you thought was smart now disagrees with you on a totally different or separate subject matter and they become stupid ....right ??

Relax. Nine Ball and I already resolved this privately. Don't drag it out.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper is a steal for the $$. Most of you know I took delivery of my Maserati, the sanke's cousin, within weeks of getting the GTS. MSRP was almost identical on both vehicles. The Viper will eat my Granturismo for breakfast though. One is a **** Italian looker, the other a supercar performance machine. I like them both for different reasons.

I've heard the Viper's speed to weight ratio compared to the Veyron, F12 & Aventador. I've heard its tire size compared to Bugatti. The performance league its in and the relatively low price point are such a win imo. I'm so used to spending double to get the same that this is refreshing. Plus there were about 400% more Gallardo's made this year than Vipers. How exclusive is that? Just about every component of the car from performance,looks, price point, exclusivity are all a win imho. It has soul too and evokes passion from everyone whom owns drives or sees the thing.

The filming and photos I've been subjected to is only analagous to what I experienced with Lamborghini ownership, like I've stated before.

OP
OP
K

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRTviper. you are a nice guy. SRT viper, PeerBlock should be your friend. SRTviper you and PeerBlock are both nice guys. SRTviper, I want to be just like you. SRTviper everyone thinks you are a great guy. SRTviper, have you met Peerblock ? PeerBlock is also a nice guy. The two of you should be friends. SRTviper, you and PeerBlock are very popular.

OP
OP
K

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OH GREAT !! That's just FANTASTIC.... just as things were starting to get exciting..... thanks a lot !!!

Everytime I bring up the words "college" and "degree" everyone runs for the hills...... BIG **** .

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I assume that anyone the disagrees with must know nothing , and anyone who agrees with you can only be smart..... until that person that you thought was smart now disagrees with you on a totally different or separate subject matter and they become stupid ....right ??

undergrad was econ from hopkins, 1st masters in econ from UPenn, and the 2nd one which I am on now for financial mathematics is from University of Chicago that will be done by next summer. Anyways I am not diminishing anyone nor saying anyone who disagrees with me knows nothing and people who agree are smart. We all have opinions. You can twist my words to that thought if you'd like, it just makes you look bad. But hey lets not make this about me, I don't need a stalker like you do with peer block lol.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
People that know me would probably say I've mastered economics, without having a Masters in Economics. Some learn it, others earn it. :)

OP
OP
K

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
undergrad was econ from hopkins, 1st masters in econ from UPenn, and the 2nd one which I am on now for financial mathematics is from University of Chicago that will be done by next summer. Anyways I am not diminishing anyone nor saying anyone who disagrees with me knows nothing and people who agree are smart. We all have opinions. You can twist my words to that thought if you'd like, it just makes you look bad. But hey lets not make this about me, I don't need a stalker like you do with peer block lol.

Do you have a LinkedIn profile ? I am looking to hire some one with your qualifications to operate in a management position. I own a Heathcare company. Would you be interested ? Please let me know, thanks ,

OP
OP
K

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
People that know me would probably say I've mastered economics, without having a Masters in Economics. Some learn it, others earn it. :)

Yes I agree totally , I have a doctorate degree and what you say is so true Mr. Nine Ball !! Education ONLY make you educated ( which is actually a good thing--increasing your job set skills) BUT it only makes you " just educated" and unfortunately if you were born dumb you will just be an very educated dumb person.

If education made people smart, then everyone graduating Ivy league schools would be successful. And as we all know that is not the case.... only a small percentage of Ivy leaguers actually become successful entrepreneurs ( less than 10% statistically) . Most just get good paying jobs working for someone without an education that is smart......

OP
OP
K

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What's up with all the "privacy" ??? how boring..... these disputes need to be engaged publicly on these forums..... besides it makes for exciting reading......and posting......

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I agree totally , I have a doctorate degree and what you say is so true Mr. Nine Ball !! Education ONLY make you educated ( which is actually a good thing--increasing your job set skills) BUT it only makes you " just educated" and unfortunately if you were born dumb you will just be an very educated dumb person.

If education made people smart, then everyone graduating Ivy league schools would be successful. And as we all know that is not the case.... only a small percentage of Ivy leaguers actually become successful entrepreneurs ( less than 10% statistically) . Most just get good paying jobs working for someone without an education that is smart......

This is actually true lol.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Send me your Résumé too. My law firm invariably consults with and retains economists on the issue of loss of earnings capacity and general financial damages sustained by a victim.

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have a LinkedIn profile ? I am looking to hire some one with your qualifications to operate in a management position. I own a Heathcare company. Would you be interested ? Please let me know, thanks ,

No I am already set up for my job path. But thanks even though your probably being sarcastic.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a handful of PhD degrees reporting to me, with my lowly BS degree. Guess who drove the Viper to work today :)

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha. As an employer I've hired dozens of people and I always look for and value work experience over academia.

I've got a doctrinal degree but that don't impress me much..so ya got the moves but ya got the touch.... C'mon u know the words to that song!! Lol

OP
OP
K

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr. Policy Limits... My feelings were hurt when some members of the forum called me fat on a previous thread ..... can I sue for injured feelings ??

OP
OP
K

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't we just talk about this damned awesome car - instead of people who aren't going to purchase derailing every single thread :)

OK, the Viper is an damned AWESOME car. there I said it !!! and that's a fact......

OP
OP
K

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO,

the 2013 Viper is 50% more awesome than the C7 corvette
the 2013 Viper is 65% more awesome than the C6 ZR1
the 2013 Viper is 15% more awesome than the 458 italia
the 2013 Viper is 50% LESS awesome than the Bugatti
the 2013 Viper is 70% more awesome than the previous gen2, gen 3 and gen 4.......( oops , I think I might have reignited some old threads.... Yikes !!!)

all of this is IMO

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't recall the Gen IV having such poor sales
when it was released.
You are correct, sales were good right off the get go for the Gen IV. When a car such as the Gen V or any other make hits the plus 100k price, there is a much smaller group of buyers IMO.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO,

the 2013 Viper is 70% more awesome than the previous gen2, gen 3 and gen 4.......( oops , I think I might have reignited some old threads.... Yikes !!!)

all of this is IMO

I think it is 51% more awesome than the C7 Corvette.

Take that!

OP
OP
K

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO,

all of this is IMO

oh yah, and the Viper is 3,000% ( that's three thousand, Not three hundred percent) more awesome than the Ford Mustang........ ( heh-he...)

OP
OP
K

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it is 51% more awesome than the C7 Corvette.

Take that!

Actually I had an professional actuary review all the facts and he says that according to his calculations is closer to 50% vs 51% but, hey, no need to split hairs .....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4