304 New gen 5 Vipers on Autotrader for sale

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys discrediting education should take a look at Forbes 30 under 30 for finance and consulting. Their salaries **** all over any of ours. They are all VPs to the top invesent banks hedge funds or run their own stuff

OP
OP
K

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys discrediting education should take a look at Forbes 30 under 30 for finance and consulting. Their salaries **** all over any of ours. They are all VPs to the top invesent banks hedge funds or run their own stuff[/QUOTE

Mr. SRTviper, The topic is BACK onto the Viper gen 5..... and isn't the 2013 SRT VIPER AWESOME !!! what do you think about the car ?

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys discrediting education should take a look at Forbes 30 under 30 for finance and consulting. Their salaries **** all over any of ours. They are all VPs to the top invesent banks hedge funds or run their own stuff[/QUOTE

Mr. SRTviper, The topic is BACK onto the Viper gen 5..... and isn't the 2013 SRT VIPER AWESOME !!! what do you think about the car ?

I approve :)

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr. Policy Limits... My feelings were hurt when some members of the forum called me fat on a previous thread ..... can I sue for injured feelings ??

sorry dude..truth is a solid defense to defamation. I'm a big dude myself though...its all good ;)

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys discrediting education should take a look at Forbes 30 under 30 for finance and consulting. Their salaries **** all over any of ours. They are all VPs to the top invesent banks hedge funds or run their own stuff

You don't think that guys buying a six figure toy on here "run their own stuff?"

Its ideal to sign the front of the check & not the back...that way the only one whom can retire u is the Lord ;)

OP
OP
K

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry dude..truth is a solid defense to defamation. I'm a big dude myself though...its all good ;)

Thanks for the free legal advice/consultation. I actually do not feel defamed at all. Its just that my "feelings" sustained personal injury... I think ? My psychic says that my personal feelings have (non existent) soft tissue injuries. Is there a threshold for bad "feelings" injuries ? Can I use my psychic/tarot card reader as a expert since he says that he has objectively confirmed this finding with his mood ring that changed color when I put it on my finger.

And now back to the topic of the AWESOME 2013 SRT VIPER..... so I assume you are enjoying your new Viper ? and additionally, what do you think is the BEST feature of the car ...

and when I say best feature... I mean mechanical feature ( like performance, power, interior, Carbon fiber body, etc) because we all know , including myself, that the best non physical/mechanical feature of a Viper is being treated like a celebrity where ever you drive.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha.

Well it might very well be premature to fully assess the best feature only a couple of weeks and a couple of hundred miles in. Also, this is the first snake I've owned so my experience with this particular brand is fairly limited. At this point, I'd say the driving experience. I'm really not a tech guy and probably wont figure out 1/2 of all that uconnect stuff, etc. Also, given the Break in Period, I haven't gotten over 4000 RPM's yet since I'm trying to properly break her in.

But the **** pit and interior are really impressive. I know its tight, the windshield has limited view, etc but I actually like how its race car like(and I'm pretty clostrophobic) at first the manual transmission, 3 peddles and large engine with extreme torque was quite intimidating for me. As I continue to experience the car, however, I'm gradually learning her personality and have growing confidence. Sort of a generalized assessment but I gotta say simply driving the thing is the best feature imo.

Aesthetically I love the hood & roof shapes the best. Wasn't a big fan of the rear from the beginning but its starting to grow on me.

The side exhaust pipes are just classic. Wish they sounded more aggressive but for factory/stock they are still impressive. The clam shell hood is cool and whats under it is cooler.

I hear u can take two bolts out to adjust the seat and that the peddles are also adjustable; you should play with those options and give it a second chance. Once you get reasonably comfortable in there, you'll just love driving it i'm sure.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally - I am really surprised how easy the car is to drive. BMW claims the ultimate drivers car, but Lordy - this thing is a treat to navigate.

I also love the "burble" of the downshift.

Don't like the terrible turning radius!

OP
OP
K

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally - I am really surprised how easy the car is to drive. BMW claims the ultimate drivers car, but Lordy - this thing is a treat to navigate.

I also love the "burble" of the downshift.

Don't like the terrible turning radius!

I remember the first time I drove my gen2 back in 1997....I thought it was a street legal track car.... what an upgrade from my 1992 corvette !!

I have not driven the new 2013 Viper but could just imagine how much better the new car is compared to my old gen 2.....I saw the video on you youtube of ,I believe, Motor trend or Road and Track testing the new Viper against an older gen 2 that was supercharged and set up with track enhancements .... the new car blew the old one away..... cool video.

Cameron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either take a massive dump,look at the toilet paper after you have wiped,turn and look at the prize you have left then flush!!!! Or get off the THRONE!!!!! Who gives a rats ass about auto trader or ebay and how many Vipers are on it. I have heard it all before. If you are that worried about losing money on a car after you have purchased it then maybe you should rethink whether or not you can really afford it. Let me say before I continue my Rant that I am not calling anyone out here. But I pay for my TOYS in cash. Why? Because they are really BAD INVESTMENTS.. Thats right. It is by far the worst thing Fiscally someone can do. IT is dumb, borderline idiotic, self-serving but I LOVE MY VIPER!!!!!!!!! It makes ME happy!!! I wake up in the middle of the night to wax the wheel arches.. I have Q-tips just for my baby. I remove the water after bathing her with a self dedicated leaf blower. She seats on race deck flooring to make sure her feet aren't cold at night. I did it to make my blood pressure go down and put a smile on my face. Everyday you look at Ebay and say OMG another one popped up Is yet another day I spend 25mins at gas stations with kids and adults asking to take pictures of the car. Everyday you go through Autotrader counting how many Vipers there are today is another day I just spent trying to get more G's on that turn just before the stop sign where the cop smiles and waves as I punch it off the line...... LET it go and just buy it! you will not regret one penny you put into her.. My 401k may have taken a hit but not as bad as the asphalt takes when I get on the freeway!!! Going to garage to polish my valve caps!!!

OP
OP
K

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either take a massive dump,look at the toilet paper after you have wiped,turn and look at the prize you have left then flush!!!! Or get off the THRONE!!!!! Who gives a rats ass about auto trader or ebay and how many Vipers are on it. I have heard it all before. If you are that worried about losing money on a car after you have purchased it then maybe you should rethink whether or not you can really afford it. Let me say before I continue my Rant that I am not calling anyone out here. But I pay for my TOYS in cash. Why? Because they are really BAD INVESTMENTS.. Thats right. It is by far the worst thing Fiscally someone can do. IT is dumb, borderline idiotic, self-serving but I LOVE MY VIPER!!!!!!!!! It makes ME happy!!! I wake up in the middle of the night to wax the wheel arches.. I have Q-tips just for my baby. I remove the water after bathing her with a self dedicated leaf blower. She seats on race deck flooring to make sure her feet aren't cold at night. I did it to make my blood pressure go down and put a smile on my face. Everyday you look at Ebay and say OMG another one popped up Is yet another day I spend 25mins at gas stations with kids and adults asking to take pictures of the car. Everyday you go through Autotrader counting how many Vipers there are today is another day I just spent trying to get more G's on that turn just before the stop sign where the cop smiles and waves as I punch it off the line...... LET it go and just buy it! you will not regret one penny you put into her.. My 401k may have taken a hit but not as bad as the asphalt takes when I get on the freeway!!! Going to garage to polish my valve caps!!!

Sorry I started the thread.
Sorry again because you are angry.
Sorry even more so that I do not own a Gen5 ( but I do own a gen2)
But I am surely NOT sorry at all that the asphalt has to live with a skid mark when a Viper peels out !!

ENJOY your car !! you deserve it, you earned it and you only live once !!

BUT Now .... lets talk about your anger issues.....

Cameron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I started the thread.
Sorry again because you are angry.
Sorry even more so that I do not own a Gen5 ( but I do own a gen2)
But I am surely NOT sorry at all that the asphalt has to live with a skid mark when a Viper peels out !!

ENJOY your car !! you deserve it, you earned it and you only live once !!

BUT Now .... lets talk about your anger issues.....

I love you brother. You just need a push so you too can come to the dark side... As far as anger issues I was picked on as a kid and.........................

OP
OP
K

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love you brother. You just need a push so you too can come to the dark side... As far as anger issues I was picked on as a kid and.........................

Hey, I sat next to a Cameron in 6th grade and I remember taping a "kick me" sign on the back of his shirt in school. He and I both loved sports cars ...... by chance did you have Mrs Otlin as your teacher for 6th grade ? If the answer is yes then I AM ALSO SORRY that I put that sign on your back !!

peace dude.

Cameron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
P.s. I miss my Gen 2 so much.. I should have never let that car go.. And one last note. your words were like swords in grammar school.. I bleed out everyday on my way home......

OP
OP
K

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
P.s. I miss my Gen 2 so much.. I should have never let that car go.. And one last note. your words were like swords in grammar school.. I bleed out everyday on my way home......

OOps !! I guess you did have Mrs Otlin for 6th grade !! Sorry about that "kick me" sign I put on the back of your shirt back in 6th grade..... Please Forgive brother.......

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its funny how people say its not worth the money? I am not sure what is today but the one thing I can say is a light weight car that is all carbon fiber skinned except alum doors,640 hp v10, leather interior sourced from Ferrari manf. and very very low production is to me an insane deal at $110,000 -$140,000

Yes, the Gen 5 could have been priced higher and it would still not be unreasonable considering what your getting, but it would have been too much of a leap from the pricing of the preceding generations. I think SRT is counting on existing viper owners to step up and buy the latest model, and let word-of-mouth drive sales...once (if) the SRT brand does a good enough job of differentiating itself as a high-end performance brand I'd expect that the viper's MSRP will climb.

You're forgetting about the refinement factor. And adjustability that comes at that price point. This car lacks that. So if it had for example fully adjustable shocks not just normal and firm and say an adjustable exhaust or some more tech then it would be worth the 140k. It is soley 140k because Chrysler cannot manufacture it a more efficient way.

GM changed the entire corvette and hardly changed anything. That is good manufacturing.

Part of the reason I got a Gen 5 was due to its refinements that added "luxuries" without giving up its distinct character. It is easily over the "industry standard" for a car in its price range in terms of style, comfort and performance. You can always find something you wish you had that it doesn't offer as a baseline feature with any car. Fortunately a lot of the stuff you seem to want will be available through Mopar and perhaps other aftermarket vendors.

Vipers are assembled by hand, not by robots. The assembly line consists of rolling the car from bay to bay, and using simple 2-post lifts to get them up. The Viper builders are proud of this. What other US sportscars can claim this hand-built status? It is the same process Lambo and Ferrari use.

I do not want to see 20,000 Vipers built per year. I do not mind paying more for a little exclusivity and resale. Most owners here would agree with this.

The exclusivity thing is something most people will not get until they own a viper or a car like it. SRT deserves props not only for producing the viper but also for making other SRT vehicles available to people with lower budgets that are not just rebadged econo cars.

SRT wants to pull people who buy ferraris, lambos, aston martin, mercedes amg, bmw m, and porsche into this car. And they are succeeding. That is why you see so many GTS vipers on the lots of dealers. It is not just because they want to make more money but this GTS model is the whole reason the viper will attract more attention. Not because of the same base SRT mentality that the viper loyal want and it is that same small demographic that caused the viper to die out in the first place.

It wasn't a bad call for dealers to order GTS models over the base models. The diehard viper fans like to track their cars frequently but the more casual owners just want to own a badass car and would value the additional comfort and refinement you get in the GTS. I'd figure that most people who wanted a viper to race with would have opted for the base model and would have put in an order by now.

Cameron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It wasn't a bad call for dealers to order GTS models over the base models. The diehard viper fans like to track their cars frequently but the more casual owners just want to own a badass car and would value the additional comfort and refinement you get in the GTS. I'd figure that most people who wanted a viper to race with would have opted for the base model and would have put in an order by now.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. A dealership would be foolish to order a base model when most will not even get another one for some time.. It worked in my case. I wasn't even going to buy one until I built one online and found that my small local dodge dealership had just took possession of the exact GTS I was looking at.. Crazy how that worked out.

OP
OP
K

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It wasn't a bad call for dealers to order GTS models over the base models. The diehard viper fans like to track their cars frequently but the more casual owners just want to own a badass car and would value the additional comfort and refinement you get in the GTS. I'd figure that most people who wanted a viper to race with would have opted for the base model and would have put in an order by now.

Exactly. A dealership would be foolish to order a base model when most will not even get another one for some time.. It worked in my case. I wasn't even going to buy one until I built one online and found that my small local dodge dealership had just took possession of the exact GTS I was looking at.. Crazy how that worked out.[/QUOTE]

I went online to buy mail order bride from Russia. I took possession of the exact one I was looking for. Crazy how that did NOT work out.

The gen 5 Viper is so HOT.

OP
OP
K

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PeerBlock;3195741 Yes said:
Yes, I agree !!

[Part of the reason I got a Gen 5 was due to its refinements that added "luxuries" without giving up its distinct character. It is easily over the "industry standard" for a car in its price range in terms of style, comfort and performance. You can always find something you wish you had that it doesn't offer as a baseline feature with any car. Fortunately a lot of the stuff you seem to want will be available through Mopar and perhaps other aftermarket vendors.]

Yes, I agree !!

[The exclusivity thing is something most people will not get until they own a viper or a car like it. SRT deserves props not only for producing the viper but also for making other SRT vehicles available to people with lower budgets that are not just rebadged econo cars.]

Yes ,I agree !!

[It wasn't a bad call for dealers to order GTS models over the base models. The diehard viper fans like to track their cars frequently but the more casual owners just want to own a badass car and would value the additional comfort and refinement you get in the GTS. I'd figure that most people who wanted a viper to race with would have opted for the base model and would have put in an order by now.

NO I DISAGREE !! ... it is improper for you to decide what "diehard Viper fans ( please, in the future use capital letter when spelling Viper) like" and what "casual owners want". It is prejudicial.

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score

When did this turn into a group therapy session? Can I claim my VCA membership under my heath expenses now?

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I really hope the VIPER lives on. But its not getting off to a stelar start. Growing pains for sure. The economy needs to get better in general so everything gets better. Way to many new Vipers out there for sale. Have not seen one on the street yet, im hoping soon.....

OP
OP
K

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When did this turn into a group therapy session? Can I claim my VCA membership under my heath expenses now?

Just giving support to another member..it feels good to help. Nothing wrong with that...and by the way people WITHOUT ISSUES usually post in the gen 1/2 or gen 3/4 forums. They seem to be less stressed out and appear to have less therapy needy issues than the people posting here in gen5.

If you are one of those people without issues, (as you appear to be), then I recommend to post outside this specific forum. Just IMO

OP
OP
K

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really hope the VIPER lives on. But its not getting off to a stelar start. Growing pains for sure. The economy needs to get better in general so everything gets better. Way to many new Vipers out there for sale. Have not seen one on the street yet, im hoping soon.....

OMG!! How dare you post any negative thoughts towards the new Viper !! ( sarcasm )

I have already set my stopwatch to see how long before you get bashed .... hehhe.... lets see now..... Oh where are you insecure owners ? Time to come out and start discrediting Mr. wikkid.

and on the topic of the new Viper..... LOVE those new rims.... wonder if they have any new rim designs for 2014 .....

Last edited:

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes,it looks good.To bad SRT did not do the same job with performance. The Gen.5, as it now, can not compete with other high end HP cars. Hope they fix that for the 14 model....

BlueLIGHTNING

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think part of the reason they aren't selling well is because there are a lot of cheap Vipers out there in the used market with very little mileage. Why would you pay full pop when it's only a matter of time before used ones start showing up far cheaper or dealers are stuck with 2013's for the winter.

OP
OP
K

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think part of the reason they aren't selling well is because there are a lot of cheap Vipers out there in the used market with very little mileage. Why would you pay full pop when it's only a matter of time before used ones start showing up far cheaper or dealers are stuck with 2013's for the winter.

I just bought all new stryker emblems and took off the seaky pete emblems off my 1997 GTS and replaced them with the stryker ones, then bought the 2013 new rims and put them on and I just tell everyone that my car is the new 2013 Viper. So far everyone has believed me. Fools everyone everytime. I even get a lot of compliments about the new upgraded interior when I show them my old GTS interior.....

I think I will be selling a upgrade kit to convert your old GTS into a new GTS for under $4000. Sound great , right ?