315/35/17 on stock front rims

iispms

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Will they fit on the stock front rim? I am going to use them for autocross on a set of Purner rims in stock size.

Thanks,
Chip

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Unless the car has been lowered, 315s Absolutely WILL fit, but not perfectly...the beads are pinched about 1" too close, 'crowning' the tire a bit. [Back in the "old Days' dean Word and Bob Woodhouse and I were probably the 1st to try 315s up front, and we pledged to keep the 'secret' as long as we could. It lasted about 2 Viper days events!]

Downside is that the tire will sandblast your sills and rear door bulges with road debris, esp if you are using sticky tires.

Also pull your "sport shims" for autocross, handling is dramatically improved.

Call for more, and have fun!

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes they will, Ive seen them mounted on stock width rims. They look somewhat strange, but as Jon said you will not able to get the full advantage of the width of that tire. I use them on 12" wide rims.

OP
OP
I

iispms

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I already run Kumho's, so I am not new to the sandblasting thing. However, what are sport shims?? Thanks for the info! I got the tires for free, so I can't beat that deal! Now I just have to get a set of matching rears.

Clayton Kresge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what are sport shims??

Chip, sport shims are the spacers that are underneath the driver's seat. When removed, they give the driver the appearance of a more "sporting stance", which increases driver confidence, thereby allowing one to go faster as Jon B. inferred. They also improve your chances with the “track babes.” At least this is what I’ve been told. Hope this helps.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Get down low to see both tires from the front. I want to see if the stance is more aggressive. Close up of how much it bulges over the rim....... I feel like I am directing an adult movie! ( Bulges 3, Will that thing fit?)
Anyone else want to add ideas????

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4