335 vs. 315

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a relatively decent understanding of tire sizes but have to ask. Can Nitto NT05 315/35/r17s fit stock 96 GTS rear wheels and other than width what would be lost/gained. I’m wondering if I should even entertain the idea.

Thanks all.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its gonna go on, but why ? why not just get the right size tire ? most people wanna go UP not down

OP
OP
S

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its gonna go on, but why ? why not just get the right size tire ? most people wanna go UP not down

Understand that it would fit. My main reason for even considering this tire is that I don’t think my driving style elicits the need to go with PS2s. I don’t think that I care to explore the Kumho with its wear rating but I do like the idea of something in between both in price and performance. Trying to explore my options on stock 17s and thank you for your input.

NT05
Performance Rating: W
UTQG Treadwear: 200
Traction: AA
Temperature: A

PS2
Treadwear 220
Traction A
Temperature A
Speed Rating Z

Kumho
Treadwear 180
Traction AA
Temp A

OP
OP
S

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may have not correctly asked my question or stated my reasoning for asking. It appears this tire is only available in this size, its not a matter of simply wanting to do it.

So it appears my options on stock 17s are Kumhos and PS2s why would I have ever thought that going out of the norm was an option.

Thanks everyone,

Chris

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say get the Kumho's. Every set of Kumho's I have had has been awesome.

According to Tire Rack's web site Pirelli makes a 335/35/17 as well.