345 pilot sport cups questions

Lambojf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im considering putting 345/30/18 pilot sport cups on the rears of my 2001 GTS.My question is has anyone used them on the street and what did you match up front with.The matching type in 265 or 275 sizes seem to have too big of a difference in height and I am concerned the 1" dia. difference will affect the ABS.Thanks in advance.
Joe

Reaction score
If you put these on the rear and do not icrease the size up front the car will push badly. I would try to get a 305 or 315 for the front if I was doing it. IMHO

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran 295/30/18 up front with no problems. 305 would have been better, but they don't make them in that size. I considered the 315s, but was worried that 315s would rub if I used them up front.

They aren't the greatest street tires. I like my PS2s better for the street. They are a good street/track tire, however.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the 345's in back with the 285/30's up front. I was worried about the height diff with my ACR. Combo works great with no issues and I prefer the look of the meatier and taller rear tires. These tires do need to warm up to work, and I do not have ABS. I will buy them again.

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have been running the 345s rear and 295s front for some time now. The good news is that combined with lightweight wheels, there is a very noticeable improvement in overall performance. car is much quicker, turn-in is much crisper and breaking is awesome. The bad news is that they can be slippery when cold, car now has a tendency to oversteer, ruts in the road **** the car around much worse than stock tires/rims and with stock suspention, there is an usightly gap between the rear tire and the wheel well.

I will probably go with PS2s next time.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Im considering putting 345/30/18 pilot sport cups on the rears of my 2001 GTS.My question is has anyone used them on the street and what did you match up front with.The matching type in 265 or 275 sizes seem to have too big of a difference in height and I am concerned the 1" dia. difference will affect the ABS.Thanks in advance. Joe

Joe, for street use we recommend (and carry) 295s up front. 345s rear. 285s are also OK. We have very competitive prices, and no tax. If you have wider wheels, like our lightweight SSRs, then OE, we can go 315 up front....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten