3M Clear Bra

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a clear bra on order and got a bit concerned when my body shop owner said not to use it as it will tear the paint off when removed!
redface.gif
Anyone ever have to remove one and did it leave the paint intact? I am worried about putting it on, particularly if I don't like the look of the hood protector. Someone please give me some reassurance on this!

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think it is a good idea only if you are road racing your viper (cars get sand blasted while drafting from other cars slicks, etc.). it does make your paint finish seem a little cloudy. i bought a black 97 corvette this year from a guy who moved to my state from colorado. he had it on his car (nose, mirrors and door sills), because they use salt on the roads there, because of all the snow. i took it to the dealer and the body man just peeled the stuff off rather easily. i was suprised because it seemed so well sealed on to the car. paint seemed a little dull. so they wet sanded the car and shot another clear coat over the base coat. looks brand new. now that i think about it. i am going to put it on my viper, before i start road racing next year. jeff, let me know where i can order it from. name and phone # of company please.

OP
OP
J

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fast,
I ordered mine from UltraShield of Scottsdale. Ask for Ryan. He is running a special till the end of the month on the bumper/lower facia kit for 300$. Partial front hood kit 175$. Phone # is: 602-694-6979. Other info: [email protected], www.ultra-shield-phoenix.com

Good point Ulyssess! Didn't think of using heat. That should make it much easier to remove.

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jcaspar1:
Fast,
I ordered mine from UltraShield of Scottsdale. Ask for Ryan. He is running a special till the end of the month on the bumper/lower facia kit for 300$. Partial front hood kit 175$. Phone # is: 602-694-6979. Other info: [email protected], www.ultra-shield-phoenix.com

Good point Ulyssess! Didn't think of using heat. That should make it much easier to remove.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bought the front aim dam kit from Ryan. Very nice and great service!! I used a hairdryer to remove the old 3M material without any problems!! Great stuff, and be sure to get the install instructions!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah,

The above post is right, it peels off without hurting the paint. Before you put it on, you do have to wash the wax off with dawn. So after you peel it off, a good coat of wax should shine it right up! Or put on another kit. I think the kit is the best protection you can buy against trucks and other debris!

OP
OP
J

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan suggested waxing first, at least over my new paint. I thinik I will put a few coats of Zaino on first.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456