4/25 Standing Mile by "Exotics rally" - Result

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After my outing on 4/10, I changed over to the ACR wheels and tires, replaced the Paxton air filter, and changed the oil and filter. Despite the fact that it was brutal out there today: 84 degrees, relative humidity more than 80%, cross wind in the morning and quartering headwind in the afternoon of about 15 to 20 MPH, the car did a bit better than last time. My best run was 173.947 MPH. It will be interesting to see what the fifth gear change out will do once it is done but testing same will have to wait until the Fall. Between the heat and humidity and the heat of the runway by the time I left I was a bit fried mentally and physically. Brooks thought that the car also performed pretty well in the quarter considering the fact that the launch conditions were poor and I had to roll into the gas each time to try to maintain traction.

And a photo:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
V

Venomiss

Congratulations on your time especially in that humidity.
How many runs did you complete?

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on your time especially in that humidity.
How many runs did you complete?

Seven. Four standing mile runs before lunch. Three rolling start mile runs after lunch. I do not have the results of the rolling start runs but I doubt that the MPH improved much with the wind shift to a head wind. I also ran them back to back so by the third run things were pretty hot. But with that said, the bullet proof nature of the stock Gen III engine with a stock Paxton kit with the DC blower tune never ceases to amaze me. My car now has 18,600 miles on it and it runs perfectly. Mark Jorgensen and his band of merry Viper techs put together a fine car. The proof is that I do not have to adjust anything to deal with a day like today. And, after I was finished, all I did was bring it to my friendly hand wash place and have it cleaned. ( Oh. I almost forgot. I had to add some air to one of the tires.)

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See other thread about record set by Heffner modified Ford GT.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob,

Just read an article this weekend about wheel/tire weight and how it can relate to vehicle performance. I noticed that you put on ACR rims and tires. The article states that for every 1 lb of wheel weight reduction, it can amount "up to 10 times that in vehicle weight perfomance-wise". So if your new tire/rim combo saves 40 lbs of rotating mass, that could equate to 400 lbs of extra vehicle weight. Since you are constantly accelerating in the mile, I would think that the inertia is constantly being overcome. Wheel weight is probably a greater issue on a long run like the mile than one would think.

When tested on a road course, the car with the lighter wheels shaved 3 seconds per lap over the stocker rims.

Do you know if your ACR rims/tires are lighter than the previous setup? Congrats on the mile improvement, sounds like a lot of fun.

Cheers,
George

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob
was that a revised time or the time given before lunch? The underground and heff guys were running gps and before lunch their gps was showing the timing gear was off by about 10 mph.

The frickin transport guys never got my car to Miami, but I did have a nice weekend in Miami!! Stayed at one bal harbour, a beautiful property

frank

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob
was that a revised time or the time given before lunch? The underground and heff guys were running gps and before lunch their gps was showing the timing gear was off by about 10 mph.

The frickin transport guys never got my car to Miami, but I did have a nice weekend in Miami!! Stayed at one bal harbour, a beautiful property

frank

That's the revised number after the Tuners explained the error to Seth and his people. Sorry about your car not showing up. Bummer. Their equipment was off by ten miles per hour at the higher speed levels. At my level, it was only off by about six miles per hour or at least that is how much they adjusted it. If it was really off by ten at my level, then the 173.947 MPH number above is low by about four MPH. But, based on my speedometer readings, I think the 173.947 number is closest to being correct. We will never know. Regardless, it was alot of fun.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob,

Just read an article this weekend about wheel/tire weight and how it can relate to vehicle performance. I noticed that you put on ACR rims and tires. The article states that for every 1 lb of wheel weight reduction, it can amount "up to 10 times that in vehicle weight perfomance-wise". So if your new tire/rim combo saves 40 lbs of rotating mass, that could equate to 400 lbs of extra vehicle weight. Since you are constantly accelerating in the mile, I would think that the inertia is constantly being overcome. Wheel weight is probably a greater issue on a long run like the mile than one would think.

When tested on a road course, the car with the lighter wheels shaved 3 seconds per lap over the stocker rims.

Do you know if your ACR rims/tires are lighter than the previous setup? Congrats on the mile improvement, sounds like a lot of fun.

Cheers,
George

Yes. They are lighter. That is why I changed them out. I use PS2s on stock OEM five spoke rims that have been powder coated black for daily driving. It is a handsome setup but heavier.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21