4 Post Lift - Revolution Brand

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought they used hydraulic oil on mine?? Look in the instructions it will tell you what to use to stay within warranty.

Andy

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On mine, the Revolution Lift Installation Instructions (Rev. D 10/14/2004) states on pages 5 and 26 to "use only Dextron III ATF", so I went with that.

cohocarl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought they used hydraulic oil on mine??

My Bend-Pak instructions called for either 10w hydraulic oil, or Dextron III. I went to a local Tractor Supply and bought a big jug of hydraulic oil, but all they had was 20w. I e-mailed Bend-Pak to see if that would work, and the reply I got was 20w would work (as long as it was anti-foaming), but may be a little thick for colder weather, so I returned it and bought Dextron III.
I wouldn't worry about it if they did put hydraulic oil in it, as long as it's not foaming out the reservoir when you lower the lift.

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Twin, I had a Rotary authorized installer do the install (Thanks Scott! for the referral). The lift was delivered to the warehouse at my work by Roadway Express (Yellow Freight by the way owns Roadway now), then I brought over my car trailer and had it loaded onto my trailer with a forklift by one of my co-workers, then drove it over to my house. I didn't want to break my back by installing it myself. Even if I had rented a forklift, there's still some heavy lifting involved and I wasn't too comfortable the thought of hiring "day laborers" to move it around, 2,000 lbs. altogether. I still would end up spending a few hundred bucks or so, just to save a few hundred. So I called an authorized installer to set up a time, and the company sent over two strong guys with floor jacks, dollies, wood blocks, various wrenches and pry bars to put it all together. Overall, it took them 5 hours, with a 30-minute break for lunch. The installers also did a lot of precise measurements in the end to make sure it was all squared and adjusted the cables at each corner so that all four posts clicked simultaneously on the safety locks while raising up. Works like a charm. First rate installation by Auto Shop Equipment in Anaheim, CA. Labor cost $550. Plus 3-gals (12 quarts) of dextron-III tranny fluid, about $20, and pizza and beverage for lunch, $25.

Rotary's authorized installers can be found here on their website, just type in your zip code to find the ones in your area, here's the link...

Rotary Lift Authorized Installer & Service locator - click here

Hey Warren,
So, the installers did a good job for ya???
I cant wait to get my garage built so I can have them install my lift.
The dealer is holding it for me until next month before they deliver it, to give me some time to get my garage done. ( I dont think it will be done by then but at least it will be getting close.)

BTW: Nice BOSS!!!

Cheers,

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Warren,
So, the installers did a good job for ya???
I cant wait to get my garage built so I can have them install my lift.
The dealer is holding it for me until next month before they deliver it, to give me some time to get my garage done. ( I dont think it will be done by then but at least it will be getting close.)

BTW: Nice BOSS!!!

Cheers,

Installers did a good job. Again, thanks for the referral on the authorized Rotary installer and thanks for the nice compliment on the Boss. I really like the lift, I would even say it's one of the best things I've ever bought, other than the Viper of course. Some of my gearhead friends and a few of my neighbors are envious. My wife is happy that I didn't persue the idea of knocking out a wall towards the kitchen just to make more garage space...
:crazy:
Well, I wasn't really going to tearout walls, but kept contemplating over how can I create more usable space in a standard two-car garage. A lot of my neighbors have custom overhead cabinets, racks, etc, but that wouldn't work in my case as I like working on my own cars a lot plus I have a few tool cases. The Revolution lift (by Rotary) was the answer to my needs. Once you get your garage all finished Scott, it will definately be worth the wait, trust me on this one.
:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456