4 Post Lift - Revolution Brand

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My car won't be back from Heffners for 2 more weeks. I'm trying to figure out what height I will need for a lift. Can anyone tell me the exact height of a GTS ? Thanks

GTS height = 47"

Use this ceiling clearance calculator on their website to find out if you have enough clearance in your garage, keep in mind things that hang down from the ceiling like beams, garage door when the door is up, rails, etc:
http://www.revolutionlifts.com/Ceiling.asp

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car won't be back from Heffners for 2 more weeks. I'm trying to figure out what height I will need for a lift. Can anyone tell me the exact height of a GTS ? Thanks

GTS height = 47"

Use this ceiling clearance calculator on their website to find out if you have enough clearance in your garage, keep in mind things that hang down from the ceiling like beams, garage door when the door is up, rails, etc:
http://www.revolutionlifts.com/Ceiling.asp

Also remember you have to go up a couple inches for the latches to hook, then go down to latch.

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to put 2 other cars on and under the lift. It will be real close,but now I can always put the Viper underneath if I have to.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry could you give us some contact information as to where you obtained your commercial openers? Maybe a pic as to how they are mounted?

I didn't go by Jerry's house, but did stop by another Viper owner's place to check out his Revolution lift. VERY nice! Here is a picture of his wall-mounted door opener:

You must be registered for see images

Note the "regular" door mounted to the right side of it. He is able to open his garage door all the way to the ceiling. Also of interest was the Automotive Lift Institute certification on the lift itself:

You must be registered for see images

The lift was incredibly solid and the ramps very wide to accommodate those Viper wheels/tires. I don't have the money for a lift just yet, but when I can scrape together the coin this will be the lift I choose. Might be a few bucks over the imported lifts, but I wouldn't want to risk my crusty ol' Dodge (or what is underneath it) on anything less. Just my very humble opinion. :2tu:

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stupid question but how does it compare to Rotarys. I got a quote for $3625 and $3925 plus $900 to install. Looks the same to me. :confused: Revolution looks like a good deal. What happens when i move? I have to take it completely apart?

OP
OP
J

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Revolution is made by Rotary. Same company. Rotary is their commercial division.

That ALI sticker alone is worth $1k. That tells me that the lift has been safety tested to an Industry Standard, not some standard the lift company themselves came up with...or worse no tests at all.

CTviper...if you move, yes, you will need to take it apart and put it back together at the new location. Putting the lift together is not that big of a deal. The size and weight are the problem. You need a few guys each time to do it.

Has anyone put a lift together themselves? YES. I put mine together. SWAT put his together. BADVenom did his. The instructions are perfect. If you are a DIY type person... you can do it. You need FOUR or FIVE guys. The problem is the main runner. It is long and heavy (up to 500 pounds). So don't pick four old Grandpas to help. You will need to get the large 2100+ pound package on the ground. Then you can take it apart and start working on it. If you have never put one together, it would be best to read the instructions the night before you start. Plan on 6+ hours to install your first one. You will be reading and looking at pictures as you put it together. It's not hard, just time consuming and heavy.

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found getting the garage door modified, for a resonable price, the most challenging part. The commercial lift motors are expensive and are probably overkill for our limited use.This DIY lift motor(Wayne Dalton) can be purchased online for $300, Lowes had this model in stock. BTW the Revolution Lift,installed by their recommended agent, is rock solid, does not wobble even without being bolted to the floor.
UBBCode:
2634IMG_0270_5-med.JPG

UBBCode:
2634IMG_0212-med.JPG

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
5279DSC03046-med.JPG

Jerry is correct, I installed mine my self. It cost 4 pizza's and a few beers.

I picked mine up at the local Yellow Freight depo, they used a fork lift to put it on my trailer. When we got to my house we unbolted it and moved it off the trailer part by part. No big deal at all! It took less than 4 hours from start to the 1st car being lifted.

PLUS - a Rev. dealer lives in my area, and he himself came over and help at no cost.

5279DSC03059-med.JPG

Simply the best lift on the market - Bar None. Plus I think it is the ONLY lift on the market with an internal double locking system. Worst case if all fails the lift can only fall one rung to the next lock height.

Don't risk your baby to some imported junk, or even an unceritified USA manufacture!

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipers are 14' long. Is there any advantage to buying the longer 18' one over the 15'? I have a 25' garage so space isn't a issue. Even a longer car wheelbase should fit the 15' ? let me know what you guys think. Thanks

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
CTViper, an EASY way to move your lift is to have a small flatbed truck back under it when the lifting ramps are raised to FULL UP position...once one determines that there is a "fit", slowly lower the lift until the ramps rest on the bed of the truck...then, KEEP the "lowering" lever down, and watch the 4 posts rise off of the ground...stop, lock, UNPLUG the electrical cord, and drive off!!

Reverse above at new location.

DISCLAIMER: I personally have not done this...BUT, this is the method by which OUR CyTech Perfect Park 7000 4 post lift was delivered to our garage from the factory (by their people) in Kansas...custom built and FULLY assembled/tested at the factory...then loaded as above, delivered to our door. As the legs were lowered, ramps went up, truck drove out from under lift, castors attached, lift rolled into garage in 2 minutes...READY to use.

Above was a strictly written contract (including custom work such as exact height of 8 lock pin sites, wider and thicker foot pads, etc...ALL per direction of a consulting STRUCTURAL engineer that we hired for the project to fit this puppy on the second floor of our small garage), very carefully carried out by CyTech with PERFECT results...a little more expensive, but well worth it in MY opinion...and, with professional assembly/installation, MUCH peace of mind.... PRICELESS !!!

I am sure one could arrange a similar deal with ANY reputable firm.

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipers are 14' long. Is there any advantage to buying the longer 18' one over the 15'? I have a 25' garage so space isn't a issue. Even a longer car wheelbase should fit the 15' ? let me know what you guys think. Thanks
I purchased the XLT (16') model for the Drive Under Height of 71" vs. 63" for the standard model.I needed to park the SUV underneath.

I paid $750 to Rotary Lift for the install.

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok thanks--if i'm parking 2 vipers on it then 15' will do also. Vipers are only about 48" high. My prowler is a little higher, not much. $750 install still seems high to bolt something together. I'm in CT everything here is more $$$$$ Too close to NYC. :D Chart says i only need 8'9" and I have 10' 6'

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok thanks--if i'm parking 2 vipers on it then 15' will do also. Vipers are only about 48" high. My prowler is a little higher, not much. $750 install still seems high to bolt something together. I'm in CT everything here is more $$$$$ Too close to NYC. :D Chart says i only need 8'9" and I have 10' 6'

FYI
I was quoted $550.00 for the install.
Cheers,

OP
OP
J

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have the room, I like the XLT model better. It is a bigger lift and you don't have to be so exact when pulling up on it. If I had the room, I would do XLT.

The problem with the installation is the number of guys they need to do the install. You need four guys min. and even at $25/hour working 4 hours....right there is 400 bucks. Most mechanics bill at a rate of 50 to 80 an hour. You need to factor in the drive time if they have to go up and get the lift. It might take them more than four hours. So 750 to 900 is about right.

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
...I was quoted $550.00 for the install.
Cheers,

Scott,

$550 is a very reasonable price for the install. Could you PM me the details of who quoted you? I may choose this instead of doing it myself and hiring a bunch of "day-laborers" to do the heavy lifting. I'd rather have a professional install it for only a few hundred bucks more. Thanks.

--Warren.

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's fun to read all the posts on lifts. It sure is great to have one not only for additional parking but detailing as well. After several months of using mine and making the "Revolution" choice I am very happy. You get what you pay for. As I said in the other thread I couldn't purchase the parts to build my own (I own a design/fab busines) for what they are selling for. Something has to be given up to sell for that amount-at a profit nonetheless.

With all due respect to all who say you need 4-5 people to assemble one I did it by myself. Granted it would have saved me at least a couple of hours with help but with jacks, dollies, and planning it is possible by yourself. I did use my tractor with bucket to unload it from my trailer onto the dollies. The instructions are very well written; professionally done.

Another advantage of the longer lift is that the columns are farther apart widthwise and lengthwise making it easier to walk around the lower car.

Pictures of mine are in my gallery.

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats the difference in motor power between the 110 v and the 220v ?

OP
OP
J

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UPDATE:
Donnie has unexpectedly been called out of town. He is the only one that can approve the discount. He will be leaving town this Friday. All orders must be received by Thursday March 17th 2005.

I am just the messenger. Donnie is not a member of this site and does not post on here.

So if you have not placed your order, you need to do so before the end of the day Thursday.

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
...I was quoted $550.00 for the install.
Cheers,

Scott,

$550 is a very reasonable price for the install. Could you PM me the details of who quoted you? I may choose this instead of doing it myself and hiring a bunch of "day-laborers" to do the heavy lifting. I'd rather have a professional install it for only a few hundred bucks more. Thanks.

--Warren.

Hey Warren,
I called Auto Shop Equip. Co. in Anaheim....Ph. 714 632-5300
Ask for Garry and get the details from him.
Cheers,

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It really has to do with the torque output, the 220 V motor will have more torque,(allows for a bigger hydraulic pump/more flow) that is why they have lower lift times.

H8TOW8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 220V takes 35 seconds to full raise, versus 85 seconds for 110V, per Donnie (or close to those numbers)

Jerry, I thought you said the deal was valid to 3/31? I have my order in, I just want to make sure we get the deal ...

Brian Paddock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who has called Donnie? Add your name to the list below if you have called Donnie to confirm a spot for the first five Revolution Lifts.

1. Brian Paddock

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is there anyone other than Dave (snakebitdave) that has installed a lift themself? I was thinkng about installing it myself with a gas (propane) powered forklift and having one other friend or neighbor to help out. I have my own set of tools and I'm basically a DIY'r on anything. Saw Dave's post a few months back that he installed it himself snakebitdave's thread. Anyone else with similar experience?

Hey, we get 5 buyers to commit yet?

I just bought mine!!!
Red 220v with caster kit....yippie!!!
Lets get a head count...
Whos in???

Cheers,

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Donnie to place my order. Gave him my CC#, bill to/ship to address and just waiting for him to fax a work order confirmation back to me. According to Donnie, the deal is ON, and we do have at least 5 people committed.

:2tu:

Brian Paddock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess I was third on the list to call back. Just got off the phone with Donnie ordered a Black XLT 220 volt. :2tu:

Nice work guys!

Don't forget to thank Jerry.