4 Viper Tires....$900 Installed!

OP
OP
B

bdelass

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Agreed! I can now access partsrack from my home AND work...and I placed my first order as a result! Looking forward to seeing my new fuel door on my GTS when it arrives. Thanks Jon!

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Four PS2 bought,tax,mounted,balanced,installed,new valve stems,waranty etc,etc $1500 local tire store in WNY. As far as cheap rusty hardware. Remove,clean up,dip in rustoleum and install,touch up heads after install. GTS Bruce

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After looking at how much it was going to cost to get a set of new PS2's for my '97 GTS, I decided to give the Kuhmo Ecsta XS tires a try.

I ended up ordering online and they were $165 each for the fronts and $222 each for the rears. That came to $840.28 total to my door. I didn't think that was too bad considering the other options out there.

This morning I pulled my wheels off the car myself and took them to a local shop here near St. Louis to make the switch. $60 later I had a new set of tires installed. They even installed new chrome valve stems and let me back in the shop to make sure that the rims were not damaged in the process. A very good experience to say the least.

So when all was said and done, the grand total ended up being $900.28 installed. I was pretty happy with that considering that it was going to cost nearly that much for just 2 of the rear Michelin PS2's BEFORE shipping and installation. We'll see how they wear and perform before I put my final stamp of approval on them, but for now I'm happy to have saved several hundred bucks.

I'll post pictures and feedback with regard to the handling of the tires soon. Gotta get the rims back on the car before that can happen though... :)

It has been a couple of months now with the Kuhmo tires. How many miles have you put on them and what are your impressions now? How do they compare to PS2's?

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We also have a GREAT VCA MEMBER - TIRE VENDOR / INSTALLER John Z, in St Louis !

Who is John Z? I cannot find him in a member search. I'm waiting for the arrival of a set of PS2's on Monday from you (thanks, Jon :)) and will need them installed. NTB just a few miles away quoted me a price of $24.95/tire mounted and balanced and they assured me that their equipment will not scratch the wheels.

I'd be willing to drive a little bit further if the price was competitive and it helped support a VCA member.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John....I will send you an email, i could be interested in a set of Kumos for my 1996 GTS & also The Orange ******** ACR that you love.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456