4 Wheel Alignment Specs.

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My car is now successfully lowered 1 inch front and rear. Lots of trials and tribulation to get to this point, but I think I have a setup that we will be able to share with the SRT-10 community real soon.
I need to get another alignment done locally.
Does anybody have the specs?
Are they different from the Gen 2 cars?
Has anybody come up with a set of alignment specs for an aggressive street alignment that wont eat the tires?
If anyone has the specifications please send me an e-mail :cool:

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Brian,

Very interesting - I personally hate the space we all have between the weel and fender. SOMETHING MUST BE DONE ASAP.

Please share - any pics. I can't wait to lower my new Yellow VOI edition. I had been thinking about the Motons from the CC but if you now have a good and much cheaper option then I am all ears - do tell.

I can't wait to hear about your driving impressions - do tell

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hans did I email you the pics of my lowered car?

As for the alignment specs, all front end shops have this in there data base. At least on 03 models.

I have been experimenting with different alignments, and they do make the car more drivable, as far as tire wear, you won't have much of that with an aggresive setting. Right now your camber on all four wheels is way off. In other words all four of your wheels are laying in a bit at the top. How do you think the car drives like this? The back ones are a must to reset. When you accell. hard the wheels are cambering in even more, giving you worse traction. You want the tire tread to stay somewhat perpendicular with the road under load. The GTS had some really great settings that improved the car so much.

These cars are different from the GTS I used to get great results with aggresive alignments on them. I'm on my third alignment with the SRT, and have not found what works best for me. I'll keep playing with it. For now just go oem specs, as your car is way off. Find someone that can set the Castor on the front and back, as this can affect the car dramaticly. Special tool required. Some dealers have them. Make sure the shop you choose has a modern alignment machine, laser that is.

Skip

This is a project I'm going to really work on.

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Skip,

Have not seen pics of you lowered car - can you email.

Did you lower with Motons or Aldan. How much did you lower - driving-wise what is your sentiment compared to stock.

Skip, can't wait to hear and see your animal

OP
OP
B

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Brian,

Very interesting - I personally hate the space we all have between the weel and fender. SOMETHING MUST BE DONE ASAP.

Please share - any pics. I can't wait to lower my new Yellow VOI edition. I had been thinking about the Motons from the CC but if you now have a good and much cheaper option then I am all ears - do tell.

I can't wait to hear about your driving impressions - do tell

Hans, I took these today. I can actually lowere the car another 1/4-3/8 inch.

72Viper_lowered_1_inch-1-med.JPG

72Viper_lowered_1_inch-med.JPG

:2tu:

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian,

I am impressed - it looks stunning. Now everything seems in place. I might even lower it another 1/4 just to see how it looked.

As Roger said - how did you do it

Congrats man it looks great

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang