431 Mile Gen I

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
RM AUCTIONS

Going on auction this weekend at Novi (north outside of Detroit).
I'm very satisfied with my car now, but I would have killed for this car a couple years ago, this was my dream color combination.

I'm going to the Friday night preview for this auction with some friends. Let me know if anybody wants a full report.

Last edited:

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"There are only 431 ACTUAL miles on this automobile since new"

How many potential miles are on the car?

Probably less than one that has been driven consistently. I see cars that have been driven less than 1K miles a year as nice museum pieces, but problematic to put into service as drivers.

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lot No. 219: 1995 Dodge Viper SRT

Wow, this must be a very unique car since it's model year was about 6 years before the SRT division of Dodge was formed. It's sad when car guys can't even get the title description correct.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume the dash has been repainted black? Or did the tan cars come with Black dashes? Kinda wild that someone would invest the time to repaint dash if the car is pretty much never driven.

lxadeuce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably the lowest mile Viper in existence and simply in better than new condition.

yeah right... better than new condition... how does that happen? I bought it new and cleaned it up even more!

OP
OP
H

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Man this place is getting as bad as the "alley". I've even got 10 post enthusiasts' dis'ing on this car.

Some dealer probably ownes it, called it an SRT instead of an RT 10 cause he has no clue, and took some editorial license in the marketing. Who of us hasnn't done that.

It's going to auction in a depressed part of the country, if it's original I'm telling you I bet someone gets a good buy on this car.

lxadeuce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man this place is getting as bad as the "alley". I've even got 10 post enthusiasts' dis'ing on this car.
Some dealer probably ownes it, called it an SRT instead of an RT 10 cause he has no clue, and took some editorial license in the marketing. Who of us hasnn't done that.

It's going to auction in a depressed part of the country, if it's original I'm telling you I bet someone gets a good buy on this car.
yeah, my bad. my 10 posts here shows that i have no deductive reasoning or the ability to question anything. and FYI, my title should say viper owner and not enthusiast but i doubt that really matters to an actual VCA member with 320 posts.

OP
OP
H

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sold for $42,900. We've been seeing some solid sales prices for Gen I and II's lately, hopefully it's a sign our values have bottomed out and rebounding.

I only spent about 5 min looking it over but it was a very nice car, everything visable appeared stock, if it dosen't go into a museum or sit in a collection I sure hope the buyer gets a new set of tires. My only complaint on the car and it's minor was that being black it's got swirl marks all over it so it needs a good rub out. Other than that, very solid number on a very nice car.

OP
OP
H

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That was a good question and I did look at the dash, it appeared to be a factory finish. If it was painted then whoever did it did a really nice job and a dis service to the cars originality. Does anybody know for sure if black dashes were available in '95?

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Don't know about the alley, but I think it would be more beautiful if people just encouraged you to buy such a nice example of history! I love the colorcombo and though there are cars with even lower milaege, who cares, it is pretty damn low!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang