4th Annual Western Maryland Fall Cruise, 11/04/06.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cruise Details: The Western Maryland Fall Cruise may likely be one of the last times to get your Viper out before the real cold weather and inclement conditions hit our area. This year’s cruise will start in New Market, Maryland and end at Pargo’s Restaurant in Frederick, Maryland. Our route will take us through Libertytown, New Windsor, Taneytown, Emmitsburg, Waynesboro, Smithsburg and along Greenbrier State Park on our way back into Frederick. A map along with detailed driving instructions will be provided.

When: Saturday, November 4th, 2006

Time: Cruise - Meet @ 9:45 AM, Depart promptly @ 10:00 AM
Lunch - 1:00 PM

Meeting Place: Park and Ride off Route 75 East in New Market, Exit 62. If traveling I-70 East, take exit 62, veer off to right (follow signs to Park and Ride), Park and Ride is straight ahead. If traveling I-70 West, take exit 62, come to stop sign and make left turn onto Route 75. Proceed over I-70, Park and Ride is straight ahead.

Note: If you need gas or a restroom stop prior to arriving at meeting location, there are two gas stations located off of Route 144. If you come in I-70 East, make a left instead of a right on Route 75, proceed about ½ mile and make a right on MD 144, you will see the gas stations and shopping centers on both sides of the about 200 yards ahead. Our first leg of the trip will be about 45 miles, you will be able to get Exxon gasoline at this pit stop.

Restaurant: Pargo’s Restaurant (We will have reserved parking)
5597 Spectrum Drive
Frederick, MD 21703
(301) 698-1800

You have the option of attending the cruise and/or the lunch. We will be having a quick business meeting during the luncheon so all members are encouraged to attend. This year’s cruise is also doubling as a Poker Run. Cruise participants will receive a playing card at various points through the cruise. Prizes for the best hands will be awarded at the luncheon.

In the event of rain, the cruise will be cancelled, but not the lunch and business meeting, feel free to bring your daily driver to lunch in the event of rain.

Please specify number of people and whether you will be doing the cruise and lunch or just lunch

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Map of Cruise, larger version of map available in my gallery.

scan0002.jpg

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
How many people have signed up so far?

I won't know until that Thursday whether I need
to work that weekend or not. If not I plan to
attend.

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John give me a shout on my cell will try to make this one.I lost your number.

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt- Have a good time in Norway.

Pat- Have a good time in Chicago, if plans change, you are more than welcome to come out.

Brian- 8 so far, we had 22 cars last year.

Jamie- I will send you a PM, you can meet us in Emmittsburg if it will be easier. In the past, we have had some PA members come down.

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should get to Pargo's between 12:45 and 1:00 PM. There is no Prego's in Frederick, you can find Prego in your grocers aisle. :D

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jonh, is Tom, Gus or anyone from my area going?

Tom and Gus are both coming. So is Chuck who is in Belcamp, I think Belcamp is also close to you, but I am not sure. Hope you can make it.

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey I am in!!Can I meet you guys in Taneytown?John give me a call for meeting place or post here!!!!

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey I am in!!Can I meet you guys in Taneytown?John give me a call for meeting place or post here!!!!

I thought we already discussed this? You were going to meet us in Emmittsburg.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might consider this event. if comming from carlisle, where would you want me to meet up with you all for some driving.....

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might consider this event. if comming from carlisle, where would you want me to meet up with you all for some driving.....

You could come down 15 and meet us in Emmittsburg, which is just south of the Penn/MD line.

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John I thought it was Taneytown or Emmitsburg.Doesn't matter to me.If anyone is coming down 15 let pm me.I will meet you along the way.If not I will meet John in Taneytown.It's a sweet road from Taneytown to Emmitsburg.

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are at 20 cars for the cruise so far. Frank, let me know if you will be meeting us. I need to give the restuarant an accurate head count and save enough parking spots.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
John, I still haven't gotten the car started so I
may have to cop out on this one. Plan on me not
being there, but I'll send you an email if things
change.

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, I still haven't gotten the car started so I
may have to cop out on this one. Plan on me not
being there, but I'll send you an email if things
change.

I had not included you because of your siutation, is it time to call in the calvary to get "her" fired up? Hope you get her runnin' soon.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll join the cruise.

Great! Will you be solo or +1? Where will you meet up with us?

That will be solo.
Where to meet? I have no idea... I'll look at the map and see where to tag along... Maybe the starting point? Or I'll join Floorin04. :nana: I'm coming from Lancaster, PA.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
John - I'm out. Doesn't look like I'll be able to secure
a new relay before next week and I'm still not sure if
that is the only problem. You guys have fun, I guess I'll
see you at the Xmas dinner.

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John what time will I meet you guys at RT 15 AND 140???????

Lauri give me a call

OP
OP
ViperJohn

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John what time will I meet you guys at RT 15 AND 140???????

Lauri give me a call

Be at the Exxon station at 10:45 am. You have my cell, call me if you need further info.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang