50 Greatest American Sports Cars

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of these are not sports cars, but muscle cars and even trucks. The 455sd Trans Am at 48??? That was one of the best. I only agree with 1 - 3...

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper is numero uno blah blah blah.... tell me something I don't already know...:rolaugh: Which one of you guys put this list together ?:lmao:

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was real excited when I first saw this thread. Then I saw there was a Cobalt and a Taurus on the list.
I'm not really sure why that list was put together. Nonetheless, the Viper is at the top where should be!

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how can a car that burns to the ground several times be a great car? lol===( fiero)

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That website looks like a joke. Also, speaking of looking like a joke - Superbird? Really?

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thier are three american muscle cars THE VIPER CORVETTE SHELBY

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Sports cars" means 2 seats. Period. That's not a list of sports cars.

I tend to agree but the manufacturers have blurred the lines. We are at a point in time where it seems that half of the vehicles on the road defy classification.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of these are not sports cars, but muscle cars and even trucks. The 455sd Trans Am at 48??? That was one of the best. I only agree with 1 - 3...

That was a 71 which would make it an **. The SD was 73-74 and not even on the list, which it should have been. In fact, the list is missing several Trans Ams. 69, 73-74. I'd even include the 79 Trans Am - even though it was a pig all cars were pigs that year but Pontiac was the last to put a big cube motor in their sports car.

And I agree, since when is a truck or a four door a sports car?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tend to agree but the manufacturers have blurred the lines. We are at a point in time where it seems that half of the vehicles on the road defy classification.

That's because there is no official federal classification. Until there is one sports cars with their high performance suspensions, low-profile tires and performance mentality drivers will have to include the same nannies that keep momma's minivan stable.

Sports car - 2 doors, 2 seats, less than 16 cubic feet of trunk space.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can remember when the Fiero debuted at the NY Auto show. They had these 3 cute identical triplets that were disassembling and assembling the body panels on the turntable. Anyone remember that ? The Fiero turned out to be a big ZiERO but there is something slick about mid-engine cars. Great idea but poorly executed. How many great cars came out of 1984... Hard to believe that Pontiac is gone now.

You must be registered for see images attach

I agree Georgethedog.

Pontiac Fiero ***

ontariomystic

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Suprised 03-04 Cobras didn't make the list instead of cars like SRT-4, Cobalt SS, SHO, Fiero. There would be no GT500 Shelby Mustangs. At least they got the #1 spot right.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62