v8huntr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
today i went to heffners performance center to dyno my car. car put down [email protected] which is little less then 9psi. heffners performance viper makes 787rwhp and it runs around 170degree on highway and 190degree in city. car made all these power with stock bottem end and cam. that is about 31rwhp for every pound of boost.

list of mods
heffners performance stage two supercharger system.
heffners performance top end package[heads and rockers]
stock cam
stock bottem end[never been touched]

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice #'s and I believe Jason will only s/c a car with or fitted with forged pistons.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't speak for V8huntr but from my conversations with DLM and what I'm scheduled for with doug in the fall, supercharged/intercooled, rockers and fuel cell apx 25G thats without head work or cam..of course my car is gen 1

adam

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't speak for V8huntr but from my conversations with DLM and what I'm scheduled for with doug in the fall, supercharged/intercooled, rockers and fuel cell apx 25G thats without head work or cam..of course my car is gen 1

adam

Adam, I love Doug Levin to death, but the truth is that Heffner makes more power with less boost for less $$$$$$. His customers are as happy and enthusiastic as Doug's customers. Jason can do all that and heads/cam for less than that and does not need a fuel cell.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
today i went to heffners performance center to dyno my car. car put down [email protected] which is little less then 9psi. heffners performance viper makes 787rwhp and it runs around 170degree on highway and 190degree in city. car made all these power with stock bottem end and cam. that is about 31rwhp for every pound of boost.

list of mods
stock cam

V8Huntr, those are phenomenal #'s for less than 9 PSI, Jason Heffner is THE MAN!

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Paolo with all due respect, heffner spoke to me and he doesn't do gen 1's so what you say is great but it doesn't have anything to do with guys who have gen 1's. I think its great that jason does but he himself told me that for us gen 1 guys doug is the man so chill out...THIS IS NOT A CONTEST BETWEEN THE TWO

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Paolo with all due respect, heffner spoke to me and he doesn't do gen 1's so what you say is great but it doesn't have anything to do with guys who have gen 1's. I think its great that jason does but he himself told me that for us gen 1 guys doug is the man so chill out...THIS IS NOT A CONTEST BETWEEN THE TWO

Adam, you said, "I can't speak for V8huntr but from my conversations with DLM and what I'm scheduled for with doug in the fall, supercharged/intercooled, rockers and fuel cell apx 25G thats without head work or cam..of course my car is gen 1"

I missed that your car is a gen-1 you were talking about price and it just seemed to me that that should be my natural response. By the way, since Heffner fabricated a twin supercharger on a Diablo, I am sure he could do one on a Gen-1.==> Besides this a thread about Jason Heffner, not DLM.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For loving Doug to death that wasn't a very cool thing to throw in his face... Just my 2 cents..

peace

G

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo, I was just trying to give info that I know from first hand conversations with two of thefinest tuners of vipers in the world. And believe me Jason told me he doesn't do superchargers for gen 1's. If you don't believe me thats okay, ask him yourself. Be cool..By the way your car looks smokin best of luck with her.

adam

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For loving Doug to death that wasn't a very cool thing to throw in his face... Just my 2 cents..

peace

G

Gerald, what do you mean by that? Doug is a great guy with integrity and charisma and a great product but in case you missed it, this is a thread about a Heffner car and someone made a comparison and I just wanted to interject my opinion. There have been a lot of DLM related posts over the weekend to whicht I have responded in a positive manner. Lets play nice together, OK?

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo, I was just trying to give info that I know from first hand conversations with two of thefinest tuners of vipers in the world. And believe me Jason told me he doesn't do superchargers for gen 1's. If you don't believe me thats okay, ask him yourself. Be cool..By the way your car looks smokin best of luck with her.

adam

Hey Adam, no problem, I was not aware of that and was just saying he could if he wanted to. Thanks for the good luck! Hopefully I get in! Paolo

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations Chris!! There's a lot of enthusiasm for the cars Jason has been cranking out. The awesome thing about your car is that you made all this HP on a lot less boost and without having to rebuild your engine.

(Now, let's see, according to Treynor's calculations if you made 787 rwhp on about 9 lbs. of boost, then you should be able to make about 967 rwhp at 15 lbs. of boost!! Somehow I don't think it quite works out that way! hahaha!!). Now I see why Paolo gets so excited about this stuff!

OP
OP
V

v8huntr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what should i use to replace my second and third gear in my car? now my car spins the tires way too much for me to use them.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Numbers!

What is your Torque Numbers?

Post your Dyno Sheet.

My car originally made the same power you have now, You will have a blast.

96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sounds about right for a Heffner SCi car. Great numbers!

BTW BlownViper, when did you start running in the Special Olympics?

OP
OP
V

v8huntr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i don't have the dyno sheet with me but i'll call jason and find out.

car made 787rwhp on 93pump gas.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
www.heffnersperformance.com, but it says they are going under a new server, and are under construction.

I believe it's only in friendly competition between DLM, Heffner, and Roe. Although I hate to be biased, I have to go with my home state and Heffner. Try to bust my chops if you like, but I've met Jason a few times before, and it's just about knowing someone personally. In no way do I intend to take a piece from Doug or Sean. But it's like cheering for your Alma Matter, or your home state team, but you can have your other favorites! They all do great work, that's for sure, with performance, reliability, service, truthfulness, and friendliness.

viperct2001

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I believe it's only in friendly competition between DLM, Heffner, and Roe... In no way do I intend to take a piece from Doug or Sean. But it's like cheering for your Alma Matter, or your home state team, but you can have your other favorites! They all do great work, that's for sure, with performance, reliability, service, truthfulness, and friendliness.

Here here! well said...

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
today i went to heffners performance center to dyno my car. car put down [email protected] which is little less then 9psi. heffners performance viper makes 787rwhp and it runs around 170degree on highway and 190degree in city. car made all these power with stock bottem end and cam. that is about 31rwhp for every pound of boos

list of mods
stock cam

Yes, post chart and photos please! Paolo, I always play nice.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, post chart and photos please! Paolo, I always play nice.

[/QUOTE]

Gerald, that is not what I heard from all the Bikes you spanked......They said you were merciless and cruel! Is that true? I want to hear the real story from the originator of the "closed course" concept....