7K Mods = 384 RWHP, Need More, cam and head job next?

patagoniaman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
93 R/T 10.
VEC2, 29 lbs. Gen 2 injectors, Smooth tubes, Jesel 1.7 shaft rockers, Edelbrock Headers, 3" muffler upgrade kit, catalytic convertor delete pipes, Aluminum Flywheel, Aluminum radiator, 172 degree thermostat, Centerforce clutch kit, 3.55 ring and pinion.
After all this mods, the car is making 384 rwhp @5000rpm and 63.55 Kgm@3900 rpm.
I'll try to have the power curves posted(don't know how it's done yet)
I was hoping to make 450 to 500rwhp, it's obvious the next mods are a cam change and some head porting.
Would the 708 cam make it? I do not have to pass emissions test, but I don't want to loose drivability.
Quote:
"I wonder why DC reverted to a 60 degree overlap vice the 66 degree??? "
Who's DC, and is the 60 degree overlap another cam? Who makes it?
Gary

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of dyno is it? Mustang or dynojet?

If it is a dynojet you should be making more power. I have around $500 in engine mods = 421RWHP and 491RWT Dynojet.

a-mechanic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only horsepower mods are the, vec, rockers, injectors,and exhaust. some may argue the smooth tubes. the rest is gravy. You should be able to tune a little more into it with the vec. but, not alot. what was your baseline?

Topawam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Due to the difference of the unit for the torque, the power unit may also be different. Hp vs Bhp... I will let the pro explain the difference...

OP
OP
P

patagoniaman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can see the baseline and the dynoed HP at the following adress, yet, maybe someone could be kind enough to post the files directly on this post. http://www.sportchips.com.ar/nuestrosclientes/aspirados/fichaviper/viper.htm
I'm sure the curves will shed some light, also as to how the dyno works, it used inertia to measure HP. All 4 rolls weight 1100kg or 2420lbs.
IMPORTANT: HP measured are DIN norm (european) converted into SAE should be more (don't know how much).
Gary

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have an early 93 and I have made 5 dyno runs during the past three years:

The first one was on a dynojet (with 1 3/4" headers, 68mm throttle bodies, k&n air intake, 3" exhaust and high-flow cats) = 397 rwhp in 99* temp

The second one was on a dynojet (same mods as above + vec 1) = 399 rwhp

The third one was on a mustang dyno (same mods as above) = 352 rwhp

The fourth one was on a dynojet (same mods as above, except with a different air intake set-up) = 416 rwhp

The fifth one was on a dynojet (same mods as above) = 387 rwhp 97* temp - (also found out that intake screws were loose and a few other problems while installing the supercharger)

The sixth dyno is coming up at the NOPI Nationals on September 16th w/ the addition of Roe Supercharger 8lb pulley, roller rockers, push rods, aluminum flywheel, centerforce clutch, **** injection, 172* thermostat and Alan's Performance radiator... will post the results as soon as I get them

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
None of the mods you have give huge HP on an otherwise stock car. Now that you have all the bolt ons it is time to purchase a ROE SCer. With your mods it should give you high 500's which is a 200rwhp increase.

a-mechanic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Torque is measured and horsepower is calculated. Your torque/HP converted to SAE is about 460lb/ft and horsepower is about 416 if my math is correct. So IMHO you are about dead on for your mods. If my math is wrong I apologize.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are his dyno sheets.

Before dyno sheet:

91921BeforeDyno-med.jpg

After dyno sheet:

91922AfterDyno-med.jpg

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You just need to go to one of these whorish American dynos with a pimpish operator who will do some sort of "correction" to get you great numbers that you can put in your sig like all the other dyno-queen guys. :2tu:

. . . ducks and runs for cover! :bonker:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang