8.75 @ 168 MPH...CHAD IN HOT ROD MAGAZINE

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
QUICKEST STREET VIPER...With stock six speed, and AC. Chad Williams TT Viper is the quickest manual trans. street car in the world...> 1600 HP
You must be registered for see images

Rocket65C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
May 2005! I bought the April issue 2 days ago so I could read the article. There was a Viper in that issue but not an 8 sec. one. Oh, well, back to the newsstand.

OP
OP
D

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like "NOMERCY" SRT will be there soon ( 04 Viper SRT-10 (Black Mamba / Heffner TT in progress) , I can see it now...

Chad you'll still be my hero

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like "NOMERCY" SRT will be there soon ( 04 Viper SRT-10 (Black Mamba / Heffner TT in progress) , I can see it now...

Chad you'll still be my hero

Now that would be a trick!! :cool:

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this really a street driven car?

Can you (carefully) cruise the highways and streets in this car?

Can it be driven to the strip and driven home, or is it really a car that you can't drive on the street?

Does it still have its interior etc.?

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kai, I understand that its fully stock. Not sure what music he listens to while driving that fast but maybe its "I cant drive 155" (ya, I know its 55...Van Halen). After one of his races Chad drove the car to dinner!! I believe it has controllable boost. I definately need one of those parachutes, very poser for my car but not for his.

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this really a street driven car?

Can you (carefully) cruise the highways and streets in this car?

Can it be driven to the strip and driven home, or is it really a car that you can't drive on the street?

Does it still have its interior etc.?

I have known him to drive it to the track then to dinner(V10 nats etc...) However, he will probally chime in and give us all the DL on this street machine.

acrdakota

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure how much he drives it around town but it still has a sweet stereo setup with sub woofer and all. They claim 300lbs of stereo equipment, fully stock AC etc. I guess it's about a close to a street driver as any 8 sec car will ever be.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that in the "wheelie" picture, he has a wing, and in the others he doesn't?

BTW - Who makes that wing in the wheelie pic? I like it.

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
8.75at168 is impressive all by itself, but being that this car is perfectly streetable is what is truly amazing.

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw this thread as I don't make it into the SRT section much.

Car is very streetable and has more amenities than stock. Has all the PW, PB, PL, AC, Venzano leather, BIG stereo with fiberglass enclosure, full cage with stripes and swing out door bars (added since Hot Rod photo shoot), etc.

Jason outdid himself on this one, as he seems to do on all his cars.

Car has run an 8.28 at 176 mph since with an automatic and sevens are the immediate target.

Article is in Hot Rod, not Popular Hot Rodding.

Bill, get ready for one wicked street car.

Thanks everyone for the props.