8 Cars You Must Drive !

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the auto press is praising it for now and then when the new Vette comes out, they will revert to their old habits of hating anything that isn't GM. The negative press they gave the ACR just made me feel like these people aren't true car guys. They don't understand niche which is why they gravitate to famous brands and high volume cars. Just watch, one will eventually complain that the Viper doesn't have paddle shifters, especially if the new Vette gets them.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is an American muscle car, who the hell will ask for PADLLE SHIFTS!!!!

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like this part...

Weighing 3,143 lbs and making 640 horsepower from its massive 8.4-liter V-10, the SRT Viper boasts a better power-to-weight ratio than the Lamborghini Aventador, Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 and Porsche 911 Turbo.

AJ usmc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
speaking of the "cute led headlights"... will there be any aftermarket headlights? (<-- message me on that one, not here) as for paddle shifts... leave em on the lambo. if you want paddles on american muscle, get one of the big 3. charger/challenger, camarro, or the tang. it's bad enough it's on them... or is it just me?

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can one person on this forum explain any advantage that traditional lights have over LED units? If your only point is you don't like the looks of them, maybe you don't get the whole point of the Viper.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The same guys who love the cute LED headlights, traction control, suspension adjustment. They'll love paddle shifters.

It'll happen too. Watch, the ACR will have it and SRT will "justify" the evolution. Then half of the people on this board will ***** and the other half will like it or be indifferent. After that, only 5 of the cheerleaders will actually fork over the $150k needed to own one.

cpperhead1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Think your right about that !.. "only 5 of the cheerleaders will fork out the $150K .. .. I mean the economy is not exactly rock and roll !

AJ usmc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
kdaviper... i shouldve explained more of what i ment, but when did i say tradional? by aftermarket i didnt mean tradional headlights, rather a re-arrangement or differnt options of headlights. mainly the "eyelashes" i guess you could call them, the silver strips of leds around the borders. id love to have an option to have the area around em black'd out or trim colored. maybe body color the whole headlight as an option too...

now back on topic.
i agree with mnc2886 about the media
went to the local chevy dealer the other day and the lower end vetts already have paddles, only time till the zo6 and zr1 have em too, but imo i dont think paddles will arrive on this gen viper or the acr variant of it. unfortunately though they might appear on the gen VI or VII.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
kdaviper... i shouldve explained more of what i ment, but when did i say tradional? by aftermarket i didnt mean tradional headlights, rather a re-arrangement or differnt options of headlights. mainly the "eyelashes" i guess you could call them, the silver strips of leds around the borders. id love to have an option to have the area around em black'd out or trim colored. maybe body color the whole headlight as an option too...

now back on topic.
i agree with mnc2886 about the media
went to the local chevy dealer the other day and the lower end vetts already have paddles, only time till the zo6 and zr1 have em too, but imo i dont think paddles will arrive on this gen viper or the acr variant of it. unfortunately though they might appear on the gen VI or VII.

When it happens it will be mostly dependent on emission regulations. On/off at stops will be vital and can't be accomplished with a classic standard transmission. Also, it will be increasingly difficult to achieve emissions naturally aspirated. In that case, you may not see a gen VI or VII. You have to ask the question do you want a smaller engine with turbos and paddles shifters in a Viper or no Viper at all? That question will come, guaranteed.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and the best part is.........................I drove that very yellow car at VOI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

As a side note, plenty of guys were asking about paddle shifters, so that their significant other could participate. No disrespect to my Viper pals, I'm just say'n, that's what I heard more than once, when owners were talking to the engineers.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and the best part is.........................I drove that very yellow car at VOI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

As a side note, plenty of guys were asking about paddle shifters, so that their significant other could participate. No disrespect to my Viper pals, I'm just say'n, that's what I heard more than once, when owners were talking to the engineers.

At one point smoking was thought to be good for you and increase lung capacity. Paddle shifters = bad, especially for Vipers.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4