9-11 Run Update and Registration Form

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Fellow VCA Members :usa: ,
As some of you are aware, this run is going to be in Honor of Lt Robert Cirri, of the NY NJ Port of Authority Police Department. Our fallen hero died trying to save lives that horrible day. He was found with 3 other officers and a woman in a stair chair at the bottom of the building. Lt. Cirri's widow Eileen Cirri, a NJ VCA member, will be leading us down to ground zero in her husbands dream car, a Graphite 2002 RT 10. The two of them had been saving up to buy this car for the Lts. retirement, which would have been next year. 37 PAPD officers gave their life that day. We are going to donate our proceeds to one of the 37 PAPD families, who will be chosen in a raffle and will attend our ceremony, where we will present them with our gift.

The PAPD will be giving us an ****** from Secaucus NJ(10 Meadowlands Parkway/Quiznos lot) at 8am through the Lincoln Tunnel (Toll Free) to W 34th street in NYC, along side of the Javits center, where we will meet the NY VCA members at 8:30 am, and then continue with a police ****** to Ground Zero. We will do a couple respectful parade laps and then park our cars(I'm working on a lot)nearby, so we can walk around and pay our respect. 11am we will leave ground zero and caravan through the Holland Tunnel to Frankie and Johnnies Steak House in Hoboken NJ. Parking in Hoboken will be in a garage and in front of the restaurant. We have arranged a casual buffet lunch with a cash bar,(please see attached thread for registration form), where we will have some great Viper pieces to raffle off to raise additional money for one of the fallen PAPD families.

This is a rain or shine event, please don't let a little water stop you from comming to this event! Remember, men and women gave their lives so we could have the priviledge of doing what we do.

List of Hotels in Secaucus with covered parking for those of you from out of town:
Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus
875 Route 3
Secaucus, NJ 07094 US

Crowne Plaza Hotel Secaucus
Two Harmon Plaza
Secaucus, NJ 07094 US

Meadowlands Plaza Hotel Secaucus
40 Wood Avenue
Secaucus, NJ 07094

I would also like to reach out to all VCA members to donate to this event even if you can't make it, these families can use the support. Those of you in the business community may want to donate as well.

Stay tuned for more as we get closer :2tu:

Bobby

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
8086911-Registration-form1.jpg

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is an opportunity for all of us to make a difference. We all have our network of resources of clients and vendors we all call on a day-to-day basis. It would be great if we could get donations in the form of goods or services to add to the dollar amount we will raise for this event. I have a client who is a food manufacturer who has committed to delivering an assortment of their grocery products to the family we choose. Other types of goods or services in the form of gift certificates, merchandise, clothes, etc would be appreciated. Let's make this a great event, and an even better day for some family.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can not beleive that after our small run last year of what, 8-10 cars ??? that it has grown into such a huge event. This is GREAT ! I will be there with the Flag mounted once more!

Andrew

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe I am not as comnputer literate as I thought, but shouldn't there be a PDF file or something for us to print this form out? I save as an image, but it comes out very small.

Andrew

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm gonna try to get a pdf file on the NJ site. For now, under the registration form, there is a small picture of a printer. Click on that and that will bring you to a larger version to print.

Tom

Dave Dugal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all.

We've made the NJ and NY/CT event an official New England Region event, so members from much of the Northeast Region will be in attendance. Our official hotel of choice is:

Plaza Hotel Secaucus Meadowlands
40 Wood Avenue
Secaucus, NJ 07094

http://www.meadowlandsplazahotel.com/htmls/secaucus.htm

I just made my reservations online and it was very easy.

The New Englanders should be arriving late Saturday night, and will be ready for the bright 'n early departure to the city.

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave,
We greatly appreciate your support, this is going to be one to remember. Please let me know if I can be of any help to you and your members. I'm going to e-mail you my cell number, please don't hesitate to use it! Do you have any head count as of yet?

Bobby Cerchione :usa: :2tu:
NJ VCA
Leadership Committee

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just reserved a room too. Registration went out in todays mail. I will be traveling with Viper Guy Nick our regional club photographer.

I know of one other member, 3 cars so far.

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
This event means different things to different people. Some of us have lost a family member or friend that day, and some just feel patriotic in honoring the families that have suffered a lost. These families are still suffering hardships today not only in their loss of a loved one but the day-to-day living and expenses. We can make a difference in someones lives even for just a short period of time. The PAPD will be halping us with that task in selecting a family who is in need. I would like our clubs to take it a step further with the donations and reach out to our business community, customers and vendors and ask for assistance. It can be in the form of money, gift certificates, or goods for just about anything. I have commitments from 2 of my clients, one is donating a digital camera and the other groceries for 3 months. If you have any questions or want to donate you can call me or any of the NJ VCA Leadership Committes for assistance. Thanks in advance!! :usa: :2tu:

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to screw this thread up but someone told me last year a few NYFD guys got pissed when you guys showed up with the Vipers. Just my two cents but respecting the dead driving around in Vipers seems a little tacky.Sorry but it was on my mind for a long time.

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adrian, Your point is well taken :2tu: . You are absolutely correct that this could make some people upset and come off the wrong way. I believe you know what our intent is, and that is why this run has to be done with respect and honor. No revving up motors or hole shots, no loud music blasting etc.

We have the support of the Port Authority Police Department as this run is in Honor of one of their fallen heros,they are actually giving us a police ****** this year, and also keep in mind we are raising money to donate to one of the 37 PAPD families. Our fallen hero Lt. Robert Cirri was saving his money for a Viper when he retired, his widow will be leading the way in that car. Andrew will have his flag mounted to show our patriotism and unity. We will have decals on our cars which will also state our cause.

Again, your are correct and everyone attending must understand that very point.
I plan on having a drivers meeting in Secaucus and on 34th street before the run downtown, and I hope you are still attending this event, because we can use your help to convey this point to all that attend.

9-11 NEVER FORGET :usa:

Thank you for bringing this up
Bobby

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That wasn't Adrian,that was Tony but both points have merrit.I guess we will each decide for ourselves how we want to honor our heroes.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, there were some guys that got **********. I don't know why. I think it was the way we drove through with regard to traffic, however there were countelss cops on the way down and while we were down there that thought what we did was great.

Hey, there are MC Clubs doing the same thing. It needs to be done with respect.

This year we will be better organized and with more support from FDNY and PD. I think it'll be great.

Andrew

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone is correct in their thinking. This event will be held with the highest respect for the families who lost loved ones and friends. We have the complete support of the PAPD with a police ****** and helping us select the family who the club will be making the donation to. Part of the money we raise and donations we can collect will be donated in honor of Robert Cirri.

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone is correct in their thinking. This event will be held with the highest respect for the families who lost loved ones and friends. We have the complete support of the PAPD with a police ****** and helping us select the family who the club will be making the donation to. Part of the money we raise and donations we can collect will be donated in honor of Robert Cirri.

Tom :usa:

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tom :usa:

OP
OP
J

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Andrew,
We are meeting at Quiznos parking lot at 10 Meadowlands Parkway, Secaucus NJ at 7:30am departing at 8am to meet NY VCA crew at West 34th street between 11th and Westside Highwayat 8:30am, run should depart 34th at 9am. I have secured the same parking lot as last year,$15 per car is the rate and its park your own car :2tu: . :usa:
Bobby
NJ VCA
Leadership Committee

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be there early. Looks like a great day.

I just heard on the news that a 9-11 run set up for remembering a firefighter who died on 9-11, is now combining it with a charitable donation for Katrins victims....

Bobby.....did you do something ?

AC

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
userSRTbro_