94' Viper running a little hot

arian23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
94\' Viper running a little hot

I have been driving my Viper the past couple days and it seems to be running a little hot. The water temp gauge keeps fluctuating. In city driving it goes past 190 degrees and almost 3/4 of the way but on the freeway it will go to 190 I don't think is right??? Anyone else ever experience this? I'm thinking i need a new thermostat or water pump. I want to take it in and get it check before i mess up the cylinder heads or anything.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 94\' Viper running a little hot

Doesnt sound like anything to be really worried about. I've been told by some top Viper techs that as long as you're not in the red, you really are fine. These cars are designed to run hot. My temp gauge also fluctuates (doesnt get as hot as yours though) in which I was also told was normal. I saw in my 96' Service Manual that 30-40 degree fluctuation on the temp gauge is normal. I doubt its a lot of difference for your car

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

190?? Christ, that is cold! Absolutely nothing to worry about. When the needle starts creeping up through the yellow and gets very close to the red then it is time to worry but not yet.

OP
OP
A

arian23

Enthusiast
Reaction score

well 190 is in the middle of the gauge, and a normal car stays in the middle. Then again the Viper isnt a normal car.But it goes up almost 3/4 of the way. So everyone elses is like that?? My only concern is that mine is a 94 and i heard that they need to be burped or whatnot and i dont want it to over heat and warp the heads and blow the head gasket.

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score

yup, burp.......and dont drive for a long time at high RPM's(above 4k rpm's) in slow traffic.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4