94 Viper Head Gasket repair / parts

Chris VA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have recently acquired a 94 Viper and have gained a wealth of knowledge from this site. It is clear from the research I have done that the Head Gaskets are a problem, and my car appears to have the originals. So couple questions, where is the best place to purchase the complete upper engine kit or just the Head Gasket set? There appears to be a couple of size gaskets available, how do I determine which is the correct size from my Viper? I know this topic has likely been covered in the past just looking for some up to date options / advise, thanks in advance!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We helped design them, paid for the tooling and brought them to market, if thats any indication :)

Walter Clark

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I was able to determine when I replaced mine the Cometic .051" gaskets part C5113-051 are the stock equivalent. Cometic sells thinner and thicker ones so if you were using non-stock pistons or determined something like squish area would be better optimized going thicker or thinner they would be a way to get there.

The firm that I bought my set of gaskets from is no longer in business.

To do the head gaskets you will also need intake, exhaust, valve cover and thermostat housing gaskets. Depending on what you end up also taking apart that is gasketed you may need those additional gaskets too. I ended up also replacing the valve guide seals on mine.

Chad Spackman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan is where I got mine. And they do the trick. You’ll never need to do it again. Telltale for my situation was some green/yellow gunk where the block meets the bell housing. My understanding is they rarely, if ever, leak “in”. And it’s rarely a compression leak. Unless you smell it or see coolant, there is no urgency. And it’ll never be something where you can’t get home or drive a 1000 of miles if you keep an eye on it. I found my leak in March. Waited til the following winter to fix it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave