96 Gen 2 motor in 94 gen 1?

ILLKing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello all, has anybody ever stuffed a gen 2 motor into a gen 1? Im thinking of putting a 96 motor in my 94. Gen 2 ecu and harness are more than likely needed. I would do digital speed, tach, temp, oil, and voltage gauges. Any input? It would be something to do over the winter.

Alteredego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are you going to do with your Gen 1 motor? I'mthinking about going with a viper motor in my 1932 Dodge sedan with a Roe SC.

anaconda666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are you doing with the motor from your 1932 Dodge? I am thinking of putting one in my.... sorry could not resist. Ron.

Alteredego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, right now its a GMC Typhoon motor with a 4-71 blower making about 470hp. I really want the viper motor for the looks and the sound

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It basically has the same type of sensors. I would just lengthen/shorten wires and change the sensor plugs in certain wires to run to new locations. The gen 1 computer will still operate the gen 2 engine.

OP
OP
I

ILLKing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Will do Alteredego, and thanks SNKBIT. Would there be any benefits to switching to a gen 2 computer anyways? Seems to be more tuning options