96 Viper GTS Venom 550 - making more mods

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Removing front facia to prepare for engine removal and pending twin turbo install. :D

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Front facia removed.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for all the positive comments!! :2tu: I am having a real BLAST posting pics and comments for all to see. :)

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
THIS JUST IN...

I have just hired a 3D computer rendering expert who will be generating the following renderings of my Viper! :drive:
  • Exterior - with new wheels and custom hood
  • Interior - with custom; upholstery, gauges and dash
  • Chassis - will include suspension, wheels, engine and transmission
  • Engine - with twin turbos
Some people may ask, "Why are you having 3D renderings done for your car?" Because I want to see what my car will look like before it is complete. This will give me a real good idea of what the custom hood will look like and the twin turbo system.

But simply.... I LOVE 3D COMPUTER RENDERINGS!!! :headbang: + IT'S COOL :D

Stay tuned for some awesome 3D pictures of my Viper :eater: :2tu:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Time to order a Roe front air redirector to help cooling. Since the facia is off it'd be a piece of cake to instal. I think it's probably a must since you want to go past 200mph and it unloads the air under the nose (removes lift from the front). It's just over $200

Cooling - Roe Racing

It's called a "front facia cooling duct".

Ted

CAIN MKII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're making an incredible viper here and I can't wait for the 3D pictures and the new hood.
Have you win at the lotery lately?

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:headbang: I'm saving money too to make this dream come true.:2tu:

Coool! :cool: It is really smart to be a member of the VCA, just like yourself, before you purchase a Viper. That way you will be very knowledgeable when it comes time to make your Viper purchase. :2tu:

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hood is off! Getting ready for engine removal.

finnsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it necessary to remove the heads etc. to pull out the engine? How much does the V10 weight anyway? Keep us posted. :2tu:

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is it necessary to remove the heads etc. to pull out the engine? How much does the V10 weight anyway? Keep us posted. :2tu:

No, it is not necessary to pull the heads in order to remove the engine. I removed the heads and sent them to Greg Good Cylinder Heads for work. Hence the reason they are already gone. :D

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Man, have you gotten me pumped to get a Viper!
Your attention to detail is amazing. You have one sweet looking car! :2tu:

You and I both! :D I am already dreaming of my next Viper...not sure what it will be but I am thinking that I would like to get another one.

Oh, and I will not be selling this one. I want to be buried in it! :drive: :lmao:

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wish that you were close to me. I would be in that garage with you learning some cool stuff. You are my mentor.

LOL!! :lmao: I've always wanted to be a mentor :D

On a serious note, I really enjoy providing information to others. I am also learning as I go. I am extremely thankfull to all the VCA members who have and are providing me with valuable advice on my build.

Let me know if you need anything.

Cheers
Jason

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL!! :lmao: I've always wanted to be a mentor :D

On a serious note, I really enjoy providing information to others. I am also learning as I go. I am extremely thankfull to all the VCA members who have and are providing me with valuable advice on my build.

Let me know if you need anything.

Cheers
Jason
Sure I will take all the parts you are replacing which should allow me to build an entire GTS :D Just kidding man, this is great stuff. When it is all done, this should be put in the illustrations guide for a complete build up of a GTS. Keep up the good work. :headbang:

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sure I will take all the parts you are replacing which should allow me to build an entire GTS :D Just kidding man, this is great stuff. When it is all done, this should be put in the illustrations guide for a complete build up of a GTS. Keep up the good work. :headbang:

That cracks me up! :rolaugh: I do have a few items to sell...anyone want a stock hood? :D :eater:

Hope you enjoy the progress. :2tu:

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thought I would post the first piece of rendering received. I can't wait to see the wheels complete! :2tu: This is just the beginning :eater:

**this rendering will be changed to represent 6 lugs instead of 5 lugs.

Last edited:

DSG2003SVT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3D renderings, huh? Can't wait to see those. I'm not sure if you were joking or not, but I would hold onto the stock hood. I wouldn't want to shell out the cash for another one if you decided to go back to it. It's your car though, so my opinion is worth jUUUst about what you had to pay to get it.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
3D renderings, huh? Can't wait to see those. I'm not sure if you were joking or not, but I would hold onto the stock hood. I wouldn't want to shell out the cash for another one if you decided to go back to it. It's your car though, so my opinion is worth jUUUst about what you had to pay to get it.

Yup, I'm selling my hood. The way I look at the whole thing is that my Viper is a modified car to begin with. Just like the Shelby Mustangs. So I will never bring the car back to original (before Hennessey) modifications. Just my $.02 ;)

Yes sir...I have hired a 3D modeling guru to prepare a bunch of awesome renderings of my Viper. Just refer to one of my previous posts in this thread for the detailed information.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth