97 gts window widget, name or part number?

gtex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
passenger window does not work as it should any more. the part that attaches the bottom of the window and to the power slider/rail is busted. anybody know the name or part number?

I tried to attach a pic, but this photo software is making me want to pull out all my hair... :-(

G

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its called a Shuttle, it made of Nylon and they are the weak spot in the regulator mechanism.

Years ago I did a How to Guide on this site on how to remove and repair the shuttle, but as I am no longer a member here I can't access the Guide to see if its still there? If not try this link ;) http://driveviper.com/forums/threads/265-Gen-II-Window-Regulator

The Viper window regulator is a one of part from Dodge/Chrysler no individual parts available, but eBay is your friend :)

Here you go :) http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-2002-D...Dodge|Model:Viper&hash=item3a9a57953f&vxp=mtr

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gtex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks guys. $14 and a bunch of bloody knuckles and it's working. I'm afraid to roll it all the way down. It almost looks like the rail position isn't optimal on the lower window position, and it puts a lot of strain on that shuttle. I managed to get the clip installed without removing the rail. the shuttle itself goes on the rail easy enough. but getting all the cables in the grooves is a real !@#$%!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, I put the cables in the shuttle first then pried the wires back over the black plastic wheel at the end of the track while my partner operated the motor. it was a *****. But its still working fine :)

Glad it worked for you, thats a few hundred dollars saved ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gtex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yup, eBay needs a "Thank you jesus" level of feedback :) only way I can justify owning this car is by keeping it in great shape with my two hands, as well as keeping my daily driver (2000 F150) running by myself! these forums are a big help!

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice to see an expensive solution to this common problem. I'll have to pick up set for just in case. If memory serves me, the Plymouth Voyager, Dodge Caravan and Town and Country from the mid 90's use this same component.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked through the guys store and he also sells a two window pack for a little less than buying two sets. He also has the Plymouth listed 96-00. I am happy to report that the price is the same, no Viper Tax...that's refreshing.

blemay88

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bonjour guys,
My driver's side window goes up and down but really slow. Do you think I should remove the inner door panel and grease everything or is it too late and the shuttle is broken and needs to be fixed??
Passenger side works fine.
Thanks
Ben
1997 RT/10

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it goes up and down, no matter how slow its not the shuttle, the shuttle holds the glass to the regulator track your problem sounds like a motor issue?

blemay88

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Will do, thanks for the tips
Now if winter could just get out of the way so I can go drive it...

Ben

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bonjour guys,
My driver's side window goes up and down but really slow. Do you think I should remove the inner door panel and grease everything or is it too late and the shuttle is broken and needs to be fixed??
Passenger side works fine.
Thanks
Ben
1997 RT/10

My guess is that the motor is tired and/or you have a bad window regulator. I am also assuming this is happening with the car running. The windows are slower when the car is not running. There are companies that will take motor apart and refurbish them.

blemay88

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, window is slow anytime, when the engine is running or not.
I will remove the inner panel and check it out.
Anything I should be aware before removing the inner dooe panel???

Ben

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang