98' Viper with Automatic Trans.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody know the story about this one for sale on fleabay!

Attachments

• automatic viper.jpg
    automatic viper.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 162
  • auto viper.jpg
    auto viper.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate the fact that those guys are touting it as some rare factory one off...it's not. There's been plenty of automatic swaps in Vipers...

But the reason that this thread caught my eye is because quite a few years ago I was at the Warnock Viper show and I met with a paraplegic Viper owner. The car was fitted with a automatic and hand controls on the steering wheel. I can't remember the year or if the color was black or steel gray but I just remember the owner clearly telling me that there was nothing that was going to stop him from driving a Viper. One of the many stories that stuck in my mind.

--RS

OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate the fact that those guys are touting it as some rare factory one off...it's not. There's been plenty of automatic swaps in Vipers...

But the reason that this thread caught my eye is because quite a few years ago I was at the Warnock Viper show and I met with a paraplegic Viper owner. The car was fitted with a automatic and hand controls on the steering wheel. I can't remember the year or if the color was black or steel gray but I just remember the owner clearly telling me that there was nothing that was going to stop him from driving a Viper. One of the many stories that stuck in my mind.

--RS
Yeah GTS, there was a great article about him & his story about it in one of the Viper magazines (He just recently passed away, I think in the last month or so) And I think there was mention about that in the last copy. I didn't realize there had been quite a few auto's put in them though, I knew of only a couple.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Funny as the quote automatic in the picture looks just like the 6 speed manual. The gentleman you are referring to was Aaron Abel , and we converted a 2006 Snakeskin Edition for him, which was written up in Viper magazine. He had an RT-10 prior to it, as it had been converted and we assisted him in getting it to function, after the original tuner could not get it to work. I believe he did sell that car and it was black, but it was not a 6 speed auto if memory serves me right?

VenomSteve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember reading the story and actually wanted one myself for commuting. I didn't know he passed away. So sorry to hear that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper