99 ACR how much??

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,

Ia m looking for some advise on purchasing a 99 ACR with 15k miles red with silver stripes. How much do you guys think is a fair price? Car is in very good condition. I did notice it has kumho tires which are not stock from factory right? let me know what you guys think.

:ooo:

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without knowing more details I would say mid to upper $50's. Tires don't really mean much but original BBS wheels are absolutely a must.

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Factory rubber was Michelin Pilots. Does it have the comfort group (radio/air condition)?

I agree, the original BBS rims are a must.

As for price, hate to say this, but upper 40s to low 50s. There are 2002's for sale in the low to mid 50s (and above of course), but they have ABS.

I recently passed on a very clean 11K mile Silver 98 GTS, priced at $46K.

-J

OP
OP

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the posts guys. It does have the confort package with ac and radio. Its completely stock. The only reason I mentioned it had Kumo tires was because I figured it would still have the stock Michelins with only 15k miles.

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The only reason I mentioned it had Kumo tires was because I figured it would still have the stock Michelins with only 15k miles.

Kumos on an ACR = TRACK TIME

Well that's what they're for right?

Cal

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mid to upper 50s?? what is he smoking.

I just sold my 2002 ACR, so I would think a 99 would probably go for 45-48k max. Its missing ABS and is 3 years older.

Still a great car, just dont over pay for it !!

Jon

OP
OP

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Jon,

I figured about 48k also. if anybody know of one please let me know.

99GTSACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If I sold mine I would ask ~ $50K. I still have over a years left on the Warranty and 22k miles. The 99 was the last year that had the forged pistons and had all the new updates on the interior.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since you are looking to purchase, you should go as low as you can. I think 45k would be too little. Start at 46k and work up from there.

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
93cobra,
whats the VIN? I know I have one documented that had some been hit in the front. PM me if you dont want to post it here.

harley56

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I've bought from them before and know people that have sold there. They are straight shooters. Last I knew, they make nothing on the car when it sells, just a monthly fee for display and advertising, so they will send your offer to the seller, but cannot themselves set the price. Good luck, price seems reasonable if it's the car you want.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are those paint chips or just dirt in front of the rear tires in that shot? Thats ugly.

OP
OP

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Door panel speaker grills missing?

Hmmm.

The Viper/ACR emblems are in the wrong place... whoever put it back together didn't even try to make it right... I wouldn't touch it.

Thanks for pointing that out. They are holding firm at 52k it would not take my offer.

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed on the emblems here. Glossy paint is not worth that much money. There are other fish in the sea.

Hmmmm 1 of 14 in the entire ocean, what are the odds of catching another one? Seems to me that something as superficial as emblems is pretty trivial.

Are you going to buy it to drive or to look at? If you're going to just look at it then maybe you want to place the emblems in the right location if that bothers you. If you're going to drive it I'd remove the emblems entirely. I despise emblems and hate advertising for any company other than my own. Emblems and Logos are nothing but FREE advertising for the company.

Robsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many years ago I almost bought a proported "rust free" classic Mercedes from them -- my local body shop said the car was being held together by the rust.

I'd have any car being sold by them checked out throughly.

Valaya Racing is right there in San Jose. Maybe ask them to look the car over.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn you guys have good eyes..be careful this car had some sort of repainting.That would be the only reason the emblems where put back in the wrong place.I would have somebody who knows Vipers look this over before you consider it at any price.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the car is PERFECT it might be worth $52k. That's what I sold my 99ACR for last year with 10k miles, and it WAS perfect.

OP
OP

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really want a ACR with less then 20k miles for a decent price. I dont have a problem paying for a nice car, I just dont want to overpay. If anyone knows of one for sale or a nice 99-01 GTS please let me know.

thanks

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really want a ACR with less then 20k miles for a decent price. I dont have a problem paying for a nice car, I just dont want to overpay. If anyone knows of one for sale or a nice 99-01 GTS please let me know.

thanks

Very Curious, if this ACR interest was after you got to see mine in Cali? Whats drawing you to the ACR vs the 97 that you have?

Jon

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score

thanks

Very Curious, if this ACR interest was after you got to see mine in Cali? Whats drawing you to the ACR vs the 97 that you have?

Jon

He saw the Graphite/silver beast? Man I'm everywhere, 7 States in the 1st 3 days of ownership. I'm just a menace now. :usa:

100852_2_060012_ACR-med.JPG

100852_2_060024ACR-med.jpg

:usa: