'99 Shocks

PETSN8K

Viper Owner
Reaction score
\'99 Shocks

I had the car on a lift yesterday to change all the fluids and lube everything. I noticed for the first time I had adjustable shocks in the front. I immediately changed the setting ( setting was on 1) and was rewarded by a much tighter, more controlled feel. Anyway, my question is are the stock shocks adjustable or was this something the previous owner changed?

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: \'99 Shocks

mere mortal Vipers have no adjustability in the stock shocks. Now in the ACR the stock shocks are adjustable. I'd check the rears also they might be adjustable as I would think no one would just change out the fronts.

OP
OP
P

PETSN8K

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: \'99 Shocks

Originally when I bought the car the front felt like it "floated" when the rear felt tight. I thought maybe that was the way the factory set the suspension. Then I found the adjustment knobs and saw the setting on one. I change it to 3 (setting goes from 1 to 6), it tightened up the front and reduced the "floating" feeling but I really feel it should still be a bit stiffer. I'll raise the setting again next time it's on the lift.

I looked in the rear but couldn't find any adjustment controls. On the fronts, it's actually a little knob you can turn. Couldn't find a knob on the rears. I'll look a bit harder next time.

Thanks, Scott.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96