A 2:19 @ VIR this weekend any good???

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my spec Miata! The sickest thing was I was 4th , the new fast miata lap was 2:18.4

A few years ago in viper days I think I was did a 24 in the SRT4!

Anyways there were a few Vipers there for the SCCA event.

Anyone doing the 13 hour next weekend?

FlyBryViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dang right that is good, very good for a Spec. Miata.
Other than the obvious areas, you guys must be flat-out from turn 5 to 10 or 11. Do you have to breath the throttle any at turn 9?

OP
OP
P

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flat & hang on! I was hitting the rev limiter on the uphill esses so I had to go to 5th & downshift for the lefthander. On the telemetry it looks like a straight line! Tried out this new gps based system call traqmate. It was awesome

FlyBryViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Several of the Viper Days competitors are looking at the traqmate for analysis of strengths & weaknesses.
VIR is a great track. Miata's make great, somewhat economical track cars. They have to be a blast around there!

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang, in my Viper on OEM tires, I pulled a 2:16 and thought I was hot.. Dang boy !! good job !!

And I was smoking Miatas, corvettes and other vipers, so what really constitutes a "spec miata" ??

Jon

PS. Not that it matters, but I just won 1st place in the Carolina's Viper Auto Cross event this weekend. So its not like I dont know how to make Vipers dance ;-)

FlyBryViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes Jon, you were hot, well maybe luke warm. Your car is hot!
All kidding aside, a 2:16 during the Viper Days event is very fast. In any car with those temps. that is flying around that track, IMHO.

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am lucky I survived Viper days this year with 1,000 degrees in the car. Well, it felt that way.

Pete, you know if that time is fast considering what you were driving. But then again, spec for you may not be spec for others.............smile. I bet you I could turn a 2:33 in that same car. How about that?

OP
OP
P

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pete, you know if that time is fast considering what you were driving. But then again, spec for you may not be spec for others.............smile. I bet you I could turn a 2:33 in that same car. How about that?

[/QUOTE]

Now's your chance, the 13 hour is this weekend:)

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon

PS. Not that it matters, but I just won 1st place in the Carolina's Viper Auto Cross event this weekend.

That's because I wasn't there. Gotta throw a bone to the dogs every once and a while. :shocked:

lol.. uh huh.. excuses.. just like the ones you came up with for losing the V-10 Nationals to Mike Hamburger (aka 99 rt/10). Save the excuse and come get your abuse when you feel man enough. :D

Carolina's Viper Auto-X King :2tu:

Jon

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a small problem of fitting in a Mieta even with the seat removed. Oh, no racing ticket since I am still a hack but improving.

Tom

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for....ask Red5 :eek:

Its not really a wish, its me extending a curtisy @zz whoopin to you, if you are interested. :D

Still Carolina's Auto-X King.

You must be smoking crack.....that or your AE is Red5 because I have heard that same thing from another punk :eek: Make your move up north and we will see when we can meet at an autocross. If you feel perky you might can tangle with Red5....I think you will get smeared by him too :headbang:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Its not really a wish, its me extending a curtisy @zz whoopin to you, if you are interested. :D

You must be smoking crack.....that or your AE is Red5 because I have heard that same thing from another punk :eek: Make your move up north and we will see when we can meet at an autocross. If you feel perky you might can tangle with Red5....I think you will get smeared by him too :headbang:

Tony's rant is old, just like he is.. not worried, stop talking the weak $hit, and let me know when you are in the Chicago Area.. I'll even kick yer butt in the snow... old fart.

:rolleyes: Jon

Red5

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tony's rant is old, just like he is.. not worried, stop talking the weak $hit, and let me know when you are in the Chicago Area.. I'll even kick yer butt in the snow... old fart.

:rolleyes: Jon

Dear Jon,

(It sounds so serious when I begin a letter as such :D )

As it sits I have a little "payback" on the books for next season. :cool: A certain viper caught me right before Nationals and had brand new 710s to my old used up hoosiers. End result.. He squeaked by and I had to pay the ultimate price (That's right, I rode a farging tricycle :lol:)

Now don't get me wrong... I LOVE TO BEAT UP ON VIPERS! (Hi Dr. Roof :eek: ;) ) It's one of my favorite things to do. But Chicago is as far away as TN for me..

I say we all meet in a central location and have at it. :2tu: Nothing like killing to snakes with one stone. :p

How bout it pal, you up for feeling what it's like to have the Generals boot up in there? :eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang