A beautiful evening...

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
...in rural upstate NY tonight. I re-installed a short shifter handle this afternoon and decided to take the ACR out for an evening drive by myself and just enjoy the experience. Wow...what a difference the shorty shifter makes. I believe it is an MGW but am not sure. It came uninstalled with the car when I bought it earlier this spring. This is the most amazing and incredible Viper I have ever owned. If you are shy and retiring and don't want to be the center of attention, don't buy an ACR...esp. a red one with black center band and red drivers stripe. It is hard to describe the feeling of driving this thrilling automobile. I am going to have to re-shoe it before fall and have decided to go with the new Michelin Pilot Super Sports that everyone on the VCA website has been raving about. Currently they don't have an exact replacement size for the fronts...only the rear. Guess I will just bide my time and see if Michelin will step up and fill the need. Some guys have told me they put on a slightly smaller front which is what I may wind up doing at some point. Well, enough about this. Just felt like starting this new thread as a result of a great ride tonight. I'm sure we will see some replies with similar stories. It will be fun to see what others have experienced along these lines. :2tu:

OP
OP
V

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: "Ahh, summertime, how sweet it is"...we took our museum raffle car Mustang to the annual Munson Williams Proctor museum dual car shows in Utica, NY yesterday and we are positioned where all the show cars have to drive right by us to park. While sitting there, two pristine red Vipers drove by, one a 1994 RT/10 and the other a '98 or '99 GTS coupe...and they just glistened in the sun...the paint looked almost liquid. They drew quite a crowd and then a silver Z06 drove in and parked a couple of spots away. It had the Lamborghini "scissor" type doors but didn't seem to have the draw of the two Viper Red Vipers. Quite a contrast. Not to knock the 'Vette at all, just an observation from a biased Mopar/Viper guy. :)

OP
OP
V

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, well I guess you are in Utica... be carefull of the freaks on bath salts.

Apologies...we neglected to answer your earlier post. No...we have a summer home a little north of Binghamton, NY. We live in FL actually. The only reason we were in Utica was that was the location of the MWP car show.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960