A&C Performance tuned my Viper with 712 rwhp

Raheel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A&C Performance tuned my Viper with 712 rwhp (Dyno pics)

Just wanted to share my experience at A&C Performance in Murrieta, CA.

I had my Paxton installed by a local guy who lives close to where I live, but he is not a tuner. After getting the Paxton installed, I drove it for a couple of months or so before I decided to take it for tuning as I knew (from the butt dyno) that I am not getting what the car should be capable of after the supercharger was put in.

So I learnt from the forum about A&C Performance and called the shop. I talked to Todd who was very patient and went over everything related to tuning and patiently explained the whole process in detail. I felt very comfortable with our discussion and sent the car over to him on a flat-bed (had to go out of country on a business trip and decided to use this time to get the car tuned). Upon my return at the LAX airport, I called Todd and he readily agreed to send someone (Mike) to the shop at 9 PM at night to give me my car so that I could drive it home to San Diego.

The car made 660 HP at the wheels. Mike printed all the dyno sheets for me and answered all my questions with great detail. He stayed at the shop with me for at least half an hour without trying to rush despite it was pretty late.

The next step for me was to replace the exhaust. I had my local shop do the install and decided to get the car re-tuned and dyno'ed again with a new exhaust and removal of the cross pipes.

I called Todd and went over to the shop the next day. We did multiple pulls with Todd tuning and re-tuning and fine-tuning various parameters. Todd was very thorough and didn't try to cut any corners. He kept making changes until he was completely satisfied with the results and at that point the car made 712 rwhp and ~634 ft-lbs of torque! There is no other mod in the car. Just the stock Paxton and the Exhaust. These numbers are SAE Corrected. This tuning is still with relatively safe timing. Todd thought that it could hit 720 but I didn't want to push / risk it, so I decided to call it a day.

The car drives like a charm. The Vipers should come out of factory like that!

During this whole exercise Todd & Mike also identified a problem where the belt removal tool was left on the pulley from the original install which should have been removed after the initial install (the install was done by my local shop - Not A&C Performance). It was causing loss of boost which immediately went up as soon as the tool was removed.

It was great working with Todd. He is a really cool guy, really easy going and laid back...and most of all a GREAT TUNER!!!

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND A&C Performance for all your Viper needs!!!

Raheel

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: A&C Performance tuned my Viper with 712 rwhp (Dyno pics)

Good to hear your high dyno numbers and satisfaction. Post the dyno for us to view.

Todd's been good to work with this last 1.5 years I have known him. He has installed a load of mods which includes every upgradeable bolt on available, custom paxton, tuning, suspension. He has taken my SRT10 Copperhead from sports car to domestic Supercar. Both my dyno numbers and the quality of the work has been the best. The cars up to 733rwhp and 680rwtq without going into the engine or heads at all and after 6000 miles with the paxton, completely reliable.

From what I have experienced Todd's passion for vipers, his committment to delivering a strong car, his interest in working with the client and invlovement in the dyno tuning has been a wonderful performance experience for me.

OP
OP
R

Raheel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: A&C Performance tuned my Viper with 712 rwhp (Dyno pics)

Good to hear your high dyno numbers and satisfaction. Post the dyno for us to view.

Todd's been good to work with this last 1.5 years I have known him. He has installed a load of mods which includes every upgradeable bolt on available, custom paxton, tuning, suspension. He has taken my SRT10 Copperhead from sports car to domestic Supercar. Both my dyno numbers and the quality of the work has been the best. The cars up to 733rwhp and 680rwtq without going into the engine or heads at all and after 6000 miles with the paxton, completely reliable.

From what I have experienced Todd's passion for vipers, his committment to delivering a strong car, his interest in working with the client and invlovement in the dyno tuning has been a wonderful performance experience for me.

Hi Dipapa!

I just edited the post and you should be able to see the dyno pictures now.

I completely agree with your assessment of Todd's passion for Vipers and his committment to delivering the best.

He did mention your car and the mods that you have done. Your car is making excellent numbers!

As I mentioned I only have the stock paxton and the exhaust and I didn't want to risk it otherwise it would've probably made more. My goal is to hit the magic number (yes that is 1000) but to do that I'd need the forged internals. Just before I am ready to rebuild the motor, I'd get Todd to do a re-tune and push it to the limits!!!

Nice to know you and glad to see we both share the same views.

Regards,

Raheel

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Fantastic! I'm jealous! :)

Had any luck hooking up? I've got far less power than you do, but still have to feather the throttle through the first couple of gears, minimum.

Had a GTR jump me off the line, he took an early lead, but then quickly fell far back after I started getting the power to the ground. Or maybe he got off the gas, happy with winning a race to 60 mph? I'll never know!

Its all good! Have fun, but please stay safe, learn how your car slides around in a controlled environment, like So Cal VCA Car Control Clinic. Watch out for cops!

Id like to get forged internals also, and add some boost. Maybe later......

OP
OP
R

Raheel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know it is hard to hook up at those kind of power levels though I haven't really tried it yet but I can anticipate the outcome already.

The GTRs have a special "launch" mode that make them pretty quick at the start and the Vipers are the most difficult to launch on the other hand....but as you said, once you hook up, then they really take off.

Do you have any details on the So Cal VCA Car Control Clinic? I'd love to do that.

Thanks

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have it, please post the air/fuel graph. If you do not have it, try to get it from the tuner and post it. Also, are the above results corrected? And, what was the air temperature, humidity, and air pressure during the run? Thanks in advance for the additional data.