A couple of questions from a new Viper owner

LynnS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having just received my new 2005 Red SRT-10, here are a couple of questions. 1) Is the loose crankshaft bolt on the Harmonic Balancer an issue for 2005's? 2) Which dealers/shops are recommended in LA, Orange, and San Bernardino counties?

Thanks,

Lynn

madman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the community and dont' be discouraged by the bunch of clowns who don't own SRT yet they pay this forum a visit.

05 model is free of most bugs of 03/04. these bolts are not an issue any more plus they've made few additional engine improvements which make 05 engine better and more reliable.

Also the heat described by 03/04 owners should not be an issue (it's not in mine) since they insulated cats better.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
LynnS...welcome...you're going to LOVE your Viper !!!

For future reference, you can use the sites below to track TSB and recall info.

Site #1 is Dodge...requires the last 8 digits of your VIN...site will tell you any outstanding recalls for YOUR Viper.

Site # 2 is Federal...tells TSB's and recalls...relize that the Viperclub.org usually has the info post as soon as an issue is identified.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
plus they've made few additional engine improvements which make 05 engine better and more reliable.

I wouldnt exactly say that.... but my lips are sealed, at least for the time being. In terms of build screw-ups like the Harmonic Balancer bolt and camshaft sprocket bolts, yes you are correct. Though I dont think "improvements" is the appropriate term for the changes made to the engines for 2005.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the "crew". If you live in Orange County I would suggest Victory Vipers for service. Dave Jenkins in located in San Juan Capo and has been a Viper Tech for countless years before heading out on his own. You can reach him at (949)248-2440 or [email protected]

Have Fun!!