A crazy thought. JoeB inspired.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are there any Viper-friendly buds between Buttonwillow and Thunderhill that could store my SUV, trailer and Viper between Feb 20 and Mar 12 so I could give JoeB some wall-slapping lessons at ViperDays?

The key here is "Viper-friendly" as in "free, no-charge and reasonably safe." I'd trailer the beast to the first event, fly back to Tampa then fly out for the second event and drive back.

I'm crazy. But I'm terminally single and crazy things is what terminally single guys do.

If anyone wants to throw in some of those California women I always hear about that would be fine too. Again, no-charge and reasonably safe.

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd do it for ya Chuck the only problem is that I'm not exactly between Button Willow and Thunderhill. I am near an airport (Ontario) though. The offer is on the table.

I'm thinking Redsled may be able to come up with something near Bakersfield (Button Willow).

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a problem Chuck. I live about 20 min from Buttonwillow.
I store my Viper & trailer at the track for free. You could do the same for that period of time.

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on chuck you can do it.It is only a short ride from Tampa.I think I heard the west coast guys say you don't have what it take to run with them anyway.

East Coast ROCKS

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A true IronMan. The record would be SHATTERED and impossible to break unless one would drive from KeyWest to Seattle! Go for it Chuck!

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck,

Now your talkin. Why not come out for Willow Springs, drive to Buttonwillow leave trailer at the track along with several others like the Viper Days trailer( very safe and secure) I'll drive you to the Airport, SFO or Oakland. Then Fly out to run the Buttonwillow and back (again I'll drive you) and fly back. Then Fly out to run T-Hill and drive back.
That is what I did for the Texas events and Finals in Oklahoma.
If you come out we will get you back to an airport. I could sure use a woopin on the Cali tracks
I am 5 hours to Willow Springs, 3 1/2 to Buttonwillow and 2 hours to T-hill. Redsled is 30 minutes to Buttonwillow.

Hope you come

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This sounds cool!
Chuck, is your car set up for racing, Cage and all? We do have some good races out west. Willow Springs tests how big your B*lls are. Button Willow will test your driving skills, Tight track. Thunder Hill is the best of both.
Great way to start the year! And you will have a lot of support.
Book Your flights.
See ya on grid. :2tu:
Dan

OP
OP
C

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My trailer is open-air, will it be ok leaving the Viper on it and the SUV at the track for a month? Any critters gonna crawl into the engine bay and make a home?

Joe, can't make Willow Springs, I'm scheduled for Moroso that weekend. You lucked out. :)

Dan, I don't have the deep pockets for the wheel-to-wheel stuff yet. Gonna try to find some Michelin slicks for the Challenge Series Unlimited class.

Gotta see if I can line up the cash for something this crazy. Anybody wanna put a decal on the side of a car about to do a 7,000 mile cross country trip? Is .20 per mile too much?

Hope I can pull this off so I can find out if you West Coasters are the bastages everyone says you are.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery