A few pics of the new interior

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The job isn't done, but I thought I'd go ahead and show you what they have done so far.

So far, they have just done the seats and center console. The leather is what would be used on an Aston Martin or Bently. It feels and smells wonderful! I'm looking forward to our PCH road trip to Monterey for the car weekend.

You must be registered for see images attach

Control for the seat heater/ventilator

The roll hoops, and back wall will be black leather. The doors will be black on top, and Saddle on the bottom. The lower dash panels will be Saddle.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice look to the leather. BTW, is the seat ventilation/heater control OEM?

What has the shop recommended for a leather balm?

OP
OP
J

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words. They far exceeded my expectations!

The seat ventilation system is from www.seatcomfort.com. Their website is terrible, and they don't even show the new model which is installed on my car. I didn't ask about leather care, I'll let you know once I find out.

There are two companies working on the project GAS (Galpin Auto Sports, of **** My Ride fame), and Chatsworth Auto Upholstery. For the interior work, GAS is really just a middle man, but they also installed the stereo, and they will be installing Snakeoyl cruise control.

The thing that really drove the upgrade was how much I hated the feel of the seats. What the upholsterer did was shape the seat foam in a way that he thought would solve the problem, then put the old seat cover back on, so I could drive the car and tell him how to adjust it. It took 3 trips to his shop to get it dialed in. I think it was well worth the effort.

~Jay

95BlackZ28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW. That looks absolutely unbelievable. I'd be curious to know who does this and the cost.
I'm also in SoCal and would consider the exact same for my car. It looks gorgeous, nice work.

cetro993

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great, love the color. I think I saw your car when I was there visiting my car at the muffler shop next door.

Props to Chatsworth Upholstery. I have used them on several occasion and always exceptional work!!!!

OP
OP
J

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind words. Working directly with Javier, the owner of Chatsworth auto Upholstery, was very beneficial. We spent a lot of time discussing how I expected the car to turn out. Basically, I wanted it to look as if Dodge did it, rather than trying to make it look like a rapper's Bentley.

I spent about an hour at the shop looking through hundreds of colors - you'd be surprised how many shades of tan there are!

Javier suggested using a slightly darker color thread on the stitching rather than a stark contrast. That is the point where I think he knew what I wanted. From that point forward it was all him and his meticulous craftsman Tony who made it look the way it does.

I could never afford an Aston Martin, but now I can have a little taste of Aston Martin, in a very fast car :)

~Jay

OP
OP
J

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it a lot, but I have to ask: a seat HEATER....in a Viper...?

The heater came with the ventilation system. I don't think I'll ever be in a cold enough place to need it! One luxury item the Viper already had was heated seats ;)

OP
OP
J

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great, love the color. I think I saw your car when I was there visiting my car at the muffler shop next door.

Props to Chatsworth Upholstery. I have used them on several occasion and always exceptional work!!!!

I'm glad to hear you had good success with them. If it holds up as well as it looks, then I'll be ahappy.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sweet, cant even begin the price guessing on this one. Just beatiful....

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks great! Do you plan to do the shifter, wheel, and dash as well?

I redid my seats and changed the foam a bit, def. helps.

OP
OP
J

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great! Do you plan to do the shifter, wheel, and dash as well?

I redid my seats and changed the foam a bit, def. helps.

No one is willing to do the dash because of the air bag. I decided that the steering wheel is already the color I want, so to spend what it cost to only make it slightly better wasn't worth it. Same for the shifter.

I'll ask your, and anyone elses' opinion- Should the brake, and shift boot also be the lighter color?

thanks,
~Jay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper