A good Nitrous system for a viper? How much $

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is a good nitrous system for a viper and how much for it. Are any of you running nitrous? If so what system and how do you like it? I have the NX Gemini system on my 91 Mustang GT and I love it. I want a Roe SC but right now its a little out of my price range?? Any suggestions? Thanks again fellas :usa:

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nitrous Express system on my car. Adjustable from 50 to 400hp, with a great tune. Love my system. I was also looking at a blower but man, they are a lot of money. Get the same hp with nitrous as you do with a blower for less money. System was around $1,200.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The install is really the big cost.Fancy switches,wiring,plumbing,and dyno tune time is usually $1500.+-

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my 97 gts came used with an unused nx system with a huge tank. As tempting as it is, I never used it and unbolted it from my car... anyone interested in it? Whats the going rate for them?

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run NX system with 200/300 shot.
No problems so far, I bought the set from Lee Dove. He was very helpful with information.

It is quite easy to do yourself.

Blue Streak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my 97 gts came used with an unused nx system with a huge tank. As tempting as it is, I never used it and unbolted it from my car... anyone interested in it? Whats the going rate for them?

Did your car come from GA?

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TNT setup has worked well on my creampuff.

3459100_1520-med.JPG

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the biggest shot you should run on an otherwise pretty stock car? I mean like stock fuel injectors, fuel pump, etc.

I am considering nitrous, and have just very basic mods now.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Did your car come from GA?

Texas I believe. Nitrous, exhaust, ect. was set up by TNT. Eventually bought it from a broker in cali, where it lives now.

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info so far guys. I have a few more questions for the guys with nitrous already, here goes. Did you upgrade injectors? What about your fuel pump? How much was your system? Where did you buy it from? How much was the installation? What HP are you putting to the wheels? Last but not least did you upgrade your half-shafts, and what times are you ripping through the quarter mile at? Thanks again

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the biggest shot you should run on an otherwise pretty stock car? I mean like stock fuel injectors, fuel pump, etc.

I am considering nitrous, and have just very basic mods now.

you and I are in the same boat. we both have cast pistons and "most" feel a 150 shot is probably the limit. I have run a 150 shot before and tested it on the dyno. Good a/f and no problems at the track.

A lot of vettes run 150 shots on those small motors so it seems the V10 may/could handle a little more say a 200 shot. I may have an answer to that real soon.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to run a 150 dry shot in my Mustang which had the stock short block (including hyperpathetic pistons). There were no problems.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RedEnuf93 helped me bigtime with my setup, whatever he says id go with.

200 shot is no problem at all in a forged piston car with no other mods to the fuel

Don

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run 150 shot on Cast Pistons (2001) and haven't had any issues. It's from Ny-Trex and sells for around $800. It's adjustable from 75-400 shot.

You can reach the owner Ken Brahier at(407) 786-5331 if you want more information on the setup. He also has a 2 stage system that was recently put on a Viper through Macedo from what I understand. It's worth the call as he is very knowledgeable on the subject :)

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just noticed you're in Ill.....talk to TOOOFST. he has a lot of knowledge in nitrous.

the other system i like besides the NX one is like on J DAWG's car. very clean too.

badvr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i bought a good used NX setup and it was $600 with the heater and all the goodies.

mustangjay...

i have this same setup...im putting it up for sale. let me know!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas