A good reason to Roe your Gen 2

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a little extra time and I am amped up for the dyno day tomorrow so I gave it a quick wash.

Today was the first day I was really able to hear the supercharger whine just by blip-ping the throttle. I did just install the intake a couple months back so that might be whats making the difference. (Don't mind that my lens is slightly dirty, didn't notice while I was filming :( )

Oh Yeah, Go Yellow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP5Y6SbaKh4

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice. Love it!! The catch can is nice. Mine is where the washer reseviour "used to be." Like your's better. But can't blip my throttle as long as you...rev's way too fast. Looking forward a dyno video and printout.

Tail lights

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is sooo cool! Whats up with the rear diffusers,where did you get them and how are they mounted?My car needs some.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is sooo cool! Whats up with the rear diffusers,where did you get them and how are they mounted?My car needs some.

You have 2 posts so I think you are being serious. Ironic that you mention them because I sell them :). I redesigned the Gen 3 and 4 diffusers to fit on a Gen 2. Thanks for the positive comments. 4 blade setups are 100 shipped and 6 blade setups are 140 shipped.
Here is the link to info, photos and a writeup.

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads...-Diffuser-Blades-Write-Up?highlight=kng+blade

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cant wait to see the dyno day video....today you did get my face after the second pull

I did not :(. Really wish I did. I am uploading the Viper videos now and I will do some editing as soon as I can restart my computer. My editing software is acting up. I have the song picked out already though.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
540whp 555tq. I am still reading almost 10psi boost in the upper RPM's and I think that could really be hurting my torque. At one point on my graph it looked like my belt slipped in the upper RPM's as well.

You are probably reading boost creep. If you were running a solid 10 pounds of boost you would be making way more power than that. I have a stock motor besides 1.7 rockers and 70mm TBs and I make 660 rwhp on 10 pounds and 710 rwtrq.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course it does. All Yellow Roe cars sound awesome. :D

Fixed it for you :).

It is definitely boost creep, just really high. I am not leaning out super far up top except in the top 700 rpm's due to my OEM fuel pump. I think my torque is a little bit low compared to what it should be and I think the boost creep could be causing the issue.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice little video :2tu: Sounds great :)

One thing Ive often wondered about the Superchargers is how much extra fuel you guys use? Is there much diffrence between a normal Air sprated car and one that's forced induction?

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice little video :2tu: Sounds great :)

One thing Ive often wondered about the Superchargers is how much extra fuel you guys use? Is there much diffrence between a normal Air sprated car and one that's forced induction?

I use EXACTLY as much fuel as the car did when I got it. My first Viper would get 21 to 22 mpg on the highway. This one has never gotten above 18mpg highway. I bought it in Newark, NJ and drove it 7 hours straight home and I hit a solid 17.5 to 17.9mpg. After the SC I am in the same arena. Though my SC add a little bit of drag to the motor because it is an extra accessory turning the boost is directed into the intake tubes until I stomp the gas. That means the SC is not working as hard until my BPV closes and the pressure builds up below the SC.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
power = fuel.

if you're driving it hard, its gonna **** down fuel. if normal driving its same

if im driving HARD, you can almost see the fuel gauge drop by the second. i never checked the MPG when driving hard but its gotta be in the low to mid single digits but on highway at cruise speeds i got 23+ yesterday

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 20 minutes sessions at Virginia International Raceway for me was 3/4 of a tank if I recall correctly. I was driving hard, but NO WHERE NEAR as hard as a decent driver would push my car.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
21 MPG highway stock. 17 MPG highway with the basic 6.5 PSI ROE. 13 MPG highway with bigger blower, 10 PSI pulley, and big cam. But the fun factor has definately increased proportionally.

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I appreciate all of the positive comments :). Maybe one day I will build the motor and really get up there for power but that is a long way down the road :).

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
F/A-18 Hornet pilot buddy of mine went for a ride recently and he stated the accelleration is about like a catapault shot off the carrier. The only differrence is that the Hornet just keep pulling....so John, this is as close to being a fighter pilot that we will get!!!

OP
OP
K

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
F/A-18 Hornet pilot buddy of mine went for a ride recently and he stated the accelleration is about like a catapault shot off the carrier. The only differrence is that the Hornet just keep pulling....so John, this is as close to being a fighter pilot that we will get!!!

I have always wanted to fly a jet. Maybe I'll throw some sidewinders on the roof and go flying around town :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc