A really scary way for someone to wake you up ......

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is not a good way for someone to wake you up!

OK, so it's monday night. I getting ready to call it a night. I'm watching the news, they're talking about Governor Mel Carnahan's plane crashing (about 4-5 miles from my house). I stay up way too late (11:45 pm) watching the story unfold. The alarm clock goes of at 4:30 am for me. My wife stay up to watch the updates on the plane crash.

At about 1:00 am she come running in to wake me up to tell me that King Dodge is on fire and it's a 4 alarm fire!

Why is this a big deal? Well, for about the last 3 weeks my car has been at King Dodge (getting some warranty work done and having Silver stripes painted on it).

Definitely not a good way to be woken up!

The bottom line is that my car is fine. It was in the body shop which was the only unaffected building.

The showroom was completely destroyed as was the parts dept. and the offices. The Service dept. had minimal fire damage and had mostly smoke damage.

There were several cars destroyed (one Intrepid exploded) by the fire, but no Vipers damaged. There were 2 there at the time (mine and another), but both were in the body shop at the time. There was a 3rd one there 3 days before.

The Service manager is a friend of mine and he told me that it was just sheer luck that none of them were in the service dept. at the tome they had been storing the Vipers in there at night most of the time.

They're supposed to be done with the Viper on tuesday (not soon enough for me). I was hoping that it would be done by yesterday so I could take it to Mid South Mopars show in Memphis. But since that didn't happen I had to drive the Dakota R/T instead (Oh Well). I had a good time at the show any way.

As soon as I pick the Viper up I'll post new pics with the Silver stripes. I've gone tooo long without a Viper fix!

My stripeless Viper!

You must be registered for see images

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHEEW!! Glad that didn't happen. What damage did the exploding Intrepid do to the buildings?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte