A thought for Chuck

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:idea: Maybe we missed the boat. I've seen most of the press coverage on Tator's and I've seen customers talk about Chuck and Tator's but the thought occurred to me that maybe what we should have held a "Viper-sit-in" of sorts at Chuck's place.

What if we had hundreds of Vipers show up at Tator's as a real show of support and loyalty for Chuck? We could have had the national news stations cover it. Maybe the execs at Chrysler would have said "wow this guy really does represent our brand well and maybe we should let him keep his franchise."

Ok, maybe I'm dreaming but maybe its not too late for something like this. Thoughts?

SCROLL DOWN AND READ MY LAST POST!!!!!

Last edited:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lots of gas guzzlin cars with mostly conservative white males that appear to be richer than most.... together protesting a decree from big, bad 'Bama... are you crazy? That might hurt him more than help.

OP
OP
V

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about you but my Viper gets 25 mpg on the highway. And yes maybe I'm crazy but what do we have to lose? They've already taken his franchise. Many of us own other Chrysler products so if you don't want to bring a Viper bring your Sebring, Jeep, Challenger, whatever.

Headline reads "Hundreds of Chrysler product owners show up to support Tator's - Film at 11".

Last edited:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about you but my Viper gets 25 mpg on the highway. And yes maybe I'm crazy but what do we have to lose? They've already taken his franchise. Many of us own other Chrysler products so if you don't want to bring a Viper bring your Sebring, Jeep, Challenger, whatever.

Headline reads "Hundreds of Chrysler product owners show up to support Tator's - Film at 11".

That's a better idea... go through chuck's current customer base and invite them all to come, vipers and all... but just us with vipers? looks cool for us, but not a compelling enough story.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call it a Rally/Fundraiser. Heck, I'll donate all the deviled eggs y'all can eat.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about everyone schedule work to be done on there care. Support those that support you. Schedule the work you have been thinking about or putting off. When a team mate is down you lend a hand to help him back up?

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's the amazing part, without having your foot to the floor the viper gets 23-25 mpg easy. My V6 Magnum just makes 27 mpg highway.:rolaugh: For a damn V10 that's pretty darn good!:lmao:

--RS

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL...Baz, you did a great job breaking it in for me. I was wondering where the brit flag stickers came from.

VIPERUSA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine goes in tomorrow,,, I am in for what ever we can do. I am not sure what will help,, but I am going to talk to Chuck tomorrow and will ask him. If any thing comes out of it I will post.

:usa::usa::usa:

OP
OP
V

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread seems to have gotten distracted so let me try to refocus it. We're not talking about stickers or cats or other things. We are talking about the future of someone that has treated us all as friends whether he's ever met us before or not. Chuck eptimomizes the spirit of this club and what it means to own a Viper.

There are many posts on this site stating their support for Chuck and Tator's Dodge but what are we REALLY going to do about it? Posting our support won't change Chrysler's mind.

Years ago Ford was considering changing the Mustang to a front wheel drive, Mazda derived car. The Mustang Club of America had a write in campaign to Ford and the club's response caused Ford to rethink their decision. They kept the Mustang the rear wheel drive car it was always meant to be. The front wheel drive car became the Probe. The Probe died while the Mustang continues; heck the Mustang is one of the reasons that Ford is not in the same shape as Chrysler or GM.

What future do you want for the Viper and this club? Do you want to be sitting around at some car show for orphaned cars in 10 years or would you rather be driving the 2019 Dodge Viper??? I know what I'd prefer.

The VCA has thousands of members, a thousand use this site, so WHY CAN'T WE USE OUR NUMBERS TO CHANGE CHRYSLER'S MIND????? Whether we have a "Viper sit in" at Tator's or whether we get EVERY single member of the club to write a letter to Chrysler, Fiat, or President Obama.

This country was not built by people that gave up when then ran into trouble; it will not last if we all stand by and watch as this terrible injustice continues. I call on the club's leadership and all of us to take action. Are you with me?

:usa::usa::usa::usa:

OzeViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think every viper owner should drive upto the HQ and give them a 1 finger salute

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread seems to have gotten distracted so let me try to refocus it. We're not talking about stickers or cats or other things. We are talking about the future of someone that has treated us all as friends whether he's ever met us before or not. Chuck eptimomizes the spirit of this club and what it means to own a Viper.

There are many posts on this site stating their support for Chuck and Tator's Dodge but what are we REALLY going to do about it? Posting our support won't change Chrysler's mind.

Years ago Ford was considering changing the Mustang to a front wheel drive, Mazda derived car. The Mustang Club of America had a write in campaign to Ford and the club's response caused Ford to rethink their decision. They kept the Mustang the rear wheel drive car it was always meant to be. The front wheel drive car became the Probe. The Probe died while the Mustang continues; heck the Mustang is one of the reasons that Ford is not in the same shape as Chrysler or GM.

What future do you want for the Viper and this club? Do you want to be sitting around at some car show for orphaned cars in 10 years or would you rather be driving the 2019 Dodge Viper??? I know what I'd prefer.

The VCA has thousands of members, a thousand use this site, so WHY CAN'T WE USE OUR NUMBERS TO CHANGE CHRYSLER'S MIND????? Whether we have a "Viper sit in" at Tator's or whether we get EVERY single member of the club to write a letter to Chrysler, Fiat, or President Obama.

This country was not built by people that gave up when then ran into trouble; it will not last if we all stand by and watch as this terrible injustice continues. I call on the club's leadership and all of us to take action. Are you with me?

:usa::usa::usa::usa:

Tell me where to write, where to sign, where to show up and protest or show support and I'll do it.