A Viper in Japan

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was able to meet the president of the Japanese Viper Club, Tateshi, at the VOI earlier this year. I travel to Japan every few months for work and it fit my schedule to stop by his place on my way home last month.

Tateshi was a very gracious host and his family and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner. Seeing a Viper in Japan and meeting Tateshi's family was the highlight of my six week trip!

A Viper in a jar of alcohol. It's called Habushu or Habu Sake:
attachment.php

Pokemon Airplane:
attachment.php

The Shinkansen (bullet train) I took to Tokyo:
attachment.php

The Viper!
attachment.php

Attachments

• Jan 2011 027.jpg
    Jan 2011 027.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 192
  • Jan 2011 035.jpg
    Jan 2011 035.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 188
  • Jan 2011 056.jpg
    Jan 2011 056.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 188
  • Jan 2011 043.jpg
    Jan 2011 043.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 188

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool! Tateshi is one cool guy! :)

Too bad you did not get to see the Viper that is a clone of Lightning McQueen. It is a member of the Japan club.

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first Viper I ever saw in person was in Japan, 1995. I was in High School at Misawa AB in Northern Japan, must've been 17. A guy from our church, Mike Maruna, owned it, a red 1st gen roadster. He was on a business trip in Korea and saw the Viper for sale at the military auto sales. He bought it and had it shipped to Japan. I actually remember that conversation very well and applied a lot of the adice in my life. I knew I was going to own a Viper from that day.

I drank some 30 year old homemade Habushu once and it ate through my stomach, very potent. I could feel the venom constricting my muscles.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for posting and have to agree that Tateshi is one great ambassador for the Viper and a genuinely super guy. He has been a good friend for quite awhile and the Japanese Club have some of the most rabid members in the World.

Glad you were able to meet up and great photos!:2tu: