1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Viper in Japan

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Wolfc2e, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Wolfc2e

Wolfc2e Enthusiast

I was able to meet the president of the Japanese Viper Club, Tateshi, at the VOI earlier this year. I travel to Japan every few months for work and it fit my schedule to stop by his place on my way home last month.

Tateshi was a very gracious host and his family and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner. Seeing a Viper in Japan and meeting Tateshi's family was the highlight of my six week trip!

A Viper in a jar of alcohol. It's called Habushu or Habu Sake:
    [​IMG]

Pokemon Airplane:
    [​IMG]

The Shinkansen (bullet train) I took to Tokyo:
    [​IMG]

The Viper!
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Mopar Boy

Mopar Boy Enthusiast

Very cool! Tateshi is one cool guy! :)

Too bad you did not get to see the Viper that is a clone of Lightning McQueen. It is a member of the Japan club.

3. latamud

latamud Enthusiast

The first Viper I ever saw in person was in Japan, 1995. I was in High School at Misawa AB in Northern Japan, must've been 17. A guy from our church, Mike Maruna, owned it, a red 1st gen roadster. He was on a business trip in Korea and saw the Viper for sale at the military auto sales. He bought it and had it shipped to Japan. I actually remember that conversation very well and applied a lot of the adice in my life. I knew I was going to own a Viper from that day.

I drank some 30 year old homemade Habushu once and it ate through my stomach, very potent. I could feel the venom constricting my muscles.

4. JohnnyViper

JohnnyViper Enthusiast

thats some cool stuff, hope I make it to japan someday and see this viper :2tu:

5. NSviper

NSviper Enthusiast

Interesting Photos. Thanks for posting.

6. Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse VCA Member VCA Member

Thanks for posting and have to agree that Tateshi is one great ambassador for the Viper and a genuinely super guy. He has been a good friend for quite awhile and the Japanese Club have some of the most rabid members in the World.

Glad you were able to meet up and great photos!:2tu:

7. JohnnyViper

JohnnyViper Enthusiast

how many members do we have in japan?