? About clay barring

LarryJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do i need to wax(polish) after using a clay bar. I just washed and zainoed and then i realized that the surface was a little rough so i then used mothers clay bar. Its still shinnin pretty good but sometimes its hard to tell with a silver car and i was wondering if you guys recommend waxing again.

fluffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Claying removes contaminates from the paint. It will be less effective on a waxed car, but still should do some good and because of that there are now little pits in your wax job where the contaminates have been pulled out. The best thing to do would be to wash the entire car with dish soap a couple of times to remove the wax, re-clay the car to get the junk that was missed the first time (since it was sealed under the wax) and then give it a fresh waxing.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope you mean "bare" like "a bare ****." Much different than a bear ****!

matthyoo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After you clay it, the claybar leaves a film behind. You need to wash the car after claying, period.

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From speaking to the my Zaino rep, the clay bar will not take Zaino off. So why would he have to wash with dish detergent to get the wax off and then reapply Zaino?