About to pull trigger on first Viper... is this SRTC a good deal?

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dealer in Orlando has one Red and one Black SRTC (no stripes), with the older style wheels, both stickered at $86,995. He is willing to let them go at invoice, which he says is just under $80k. My heart had been set on a striped car, either red or black (I'm fine with the wheels). I could order, but will I be able to match this deal? I called some of the respected dealers from this forum and it appears that SRTC's are not yet going off at invoice. Moreover, they seem less willing to give breaks on a striped car.

How hard is it to get the stripes done afterwards if I decide that I can't live without them? Would I incur a ton of hell if I add stripes to a leased car or would they view it as value added if done right (I rather lease this as I want to actually drive the car and not worry about resale)? Has anyone found a good shop in S. Fla. to do a quality job?

Lastly, which color is likely to be more desireable between the red and black? Does it matter or are those two colors fairly similar in that regard?

Although I would love to take one of the cars that is sitting there right now (as opposed to waiting for an ordered car), I want to be certain this is a good deal and that my emotions are not clouding my best judgment.

Thanks in advance.

Scott.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
seems like a good deal to me! between red and black usaully black is more disirable because they make less of them, but you cant go wrong with red. i dont know about the stripes. good luck with your choice! :2tu:

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
IMHo if you really want stripes which seems to be the case than get a striped car. It can be done but they usually are expensive and not as good as factory. Seems to me it is a no brainer. Wait for the car you want.
P.S. DO NOT ALTER A LEASED CAR. The stories of Leasing companies and turn in problems are numerous. Did you know some banks in the fine print put down no spray on liner in a leased truck?? I would never lease a Viper anyway.......

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ya i forgot about the lease thing. DONT ALTER A LEASE. my parents did along time ago and they ended up paying DOUBLE what they sould of had to pay. be careful about leasing

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should call Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse Dodge and get the car you want. Talk to Bill before doing anything and he will help you out!

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black Vipers look best brand new before any imperfections like swirl marks start appearing. Stripes will not seem as urgent once you start driving the Viper and lovin the rush. What a great way to start the New Year. :usa: :2tu:

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you love Stripes, wait. You'll be upset when your car doesn't have stripes.

Either way the coupe is unbelievable!

OP
OP
S

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have done both. Thank you to everyone on this forum who has dropped me a line to help out. It looks like I may be taking a plane ride this weekend;)

Curious though, why are the red coupes so hard to find? There are very few pictures of red coupes on the forum (especially with silver stripes), none on ebay during the last week, and the Dodge site won't let you build one (only blue, yellow, black). Is there some sort of constraint on the color right now? Some were obviously built early on, but now it looks thin.

FloridaChris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somebody is coming back from out west a new Coupe Owner.

Grats in advance!

Been there, done that. If you drive back from Nebraska to Florida get off the interstate in KC and drive the back roads through southern Missouri and northern Arkansas...really worth the extra time. Have fun!