Above 100MPH

viperz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last week I was at the track and I noticed that above 100MPH my SRT got rather light. On the straightaway the car had a tendency to wander and the streering was very light.
Anyone else notice this? Also I notice that the ride tends to be on the bouncy side when I come across slight bumps or road imperfections. It's not like the car absors the bumps. It sort of bounces after it has gone over them.

ZZ

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmmm...maybe above 200MPH. lol Seriously, this seems odd hadn't really noticed this sort of occurrence. Maybe some suspension element is out of speck. Why not have a cert Viper tech check things out.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car does the same thing at the end of the 1/8th mile track. It starts to wonder and feels not right. Is the car stock? This I believe to be in the alignment specs. I'm going to have the alignment done on the car in the morning. I'm going with alignment specs a bit different than oem. Measure each corner of the car for height. If this is off more than a half inch, there's your problem. Coilover springs are notorious for changing there height, as compared to full size springs. My car has done this with the oem setup, and the Aldan setup does it from time to time. It's just settleing in. Fortunatly the Aldans are very adjustable in height.

As far as the bounce. Find someone that owns an SRT, and let them take it for a drive with you. They may not be able to tell you what's wrong, but they will be able to make a comparison. The techs may not know what to really expect, unless the car is really acting crazy.

Skip White

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also I notice that the ride tends to be on the bouncy side when I come across slight bumps or road imperfections. It's not like the car absors the bumps. It sort of bounces after it has gone over them.

Its called a "sports car". Thirteen inch wide tires don't help either.

Eddie

OP
OP
V

viperz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess it may be as Skip said since I did run 26 PSI. The car is stock. I'll have the suspension settings checked.

As for Eddie. I know it's a "Sports Car" I'm not doubting that. But it seems unsettled "Bouncy" not rough. I never noticed this in my GTS or my 996 turbo.
It just takes a split second for it to settle after a bump. As if the shock is not absorbed. I wish the ride were stiffer and less floaty.

Hard to put in to words.

ZZ

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96