Above Ground Lifts

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone had any good/bad feedback on the following 2 post clear floor lifts: Benwil or Western? If not, what 2 post do you own and your experiences with it??

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I figured you already had monster truck tires on that Viper and therefore didn't require any special lift equipment.

Reaction score
I've never heard of Western, but Benwil isn't a very good brand. All of the lifts I've purchased are by Rotary, and I wouldn't consider anything else. Yes, they're more expensive, but they're well worth it.

OP
OP
F

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
#1 Jon: First of all...I never need anything...and if you have to mention it the way you did, I hope someone whacks this post immediately or locks it.

#2 Bill...yes Rotary is among the "best" but so far you are the first one to say Benwil isn't very good. I have had a few mechanics say that they are a very good brand and always were.

#3 I was just looking for opinions...

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You gotta be kidding! The industry leader is backyard buddy, and I just "gave away" a 4 post lift for less than, $2000. It was posted here and the price was flexible. A short drive and it was yours. Oh well. (the new price on the same lift, with all the options & freight almost $3800.) Less than half price.

Good luck

Steve

OP
OP
F

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

I was tempted, however, I do alot of working on cars (brake work/suspension)and felt that the 4 post was not what I wanted. Just the thought of jacking a car up while on the 4 post would be more time wasted and at times, frustrating. I just wanted to be able to raise the cars up, get out the impact, and remove a tire if need be. Your price was more than fair...and if I already had a 2 post I would have purchased yours in a flash!

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When addressing 2 post or 4 post lifts, you have to consider what they were built for. Most 2 post lifts are made for commercial use. 4 post lifts on the other hand come built for either use. You can get a personal (home use) grade like backyard buddy, Perfect Park, Double Park etc or you can get Bend Pak or other brands of commercial. If you are set on getting a 2 post, the ALM and the Rotary brands are the best. I would also go on to say, they are all good because they are all made for commercial use. I have researched this subject for a couple of years before getting my lift.

Any way you go, you will love having one.

GTS97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
frank, i have installed in my garage 2 rotary lifts they are great it takes a little use to position the viper correctly but it is great for working under the car for any reason or just storage, if yu are a NJ resident you can stop by & see them
Adel ELsayed

Bill 96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A two post lift is fine for work but not recommended for a storage lift. The suspension is not designed to dangle the wheels etc for weeks on end. I would also wonder about the strain on the body and frame from carrying all the weight on the lift points.

Reaction score
I did a lot of research before buying my lifts, and all the shops I talked to said Benwil and BendPak weren't the best choice for my application. Their major complaints weren't necessarily for overall quality but for customer service when something _did_ break. As a shop owner, it's important that my lifts are down for a minimal time. If it takes two weeks for the manufacturer to get me parts, that just won't do. That was the biggest complaint of the shop owners I talked to who had Benwil or BendPak lifts. We've only had one problem with one of our Rotary lifts, and it was fixed in two days. Great service, but then again, you pay more for it.
So, for someone looking for occasional usage, the Benwil or Bendpak lifts may be just fine. For a commercial application, I opted to spend a bit more for peace of mind and better reliability.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant