ABS and Brake Warning Lists On

wigginz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just wanted to see if anyone has any quick thoughts on why both of those lights would pop on at the same time. I haven't been doing an brake work, and they only came on EXACTLY the first start after I finished my headers install. My guess is that the power assist lost it's vacuum, maybe I knocked it while I was working on the headers.

Before I dig in, does anything obvious I should be looking for come to mind? Battery seems fine, brakes seem a little hard which is why I'm guessing something to do with the power assist.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pop the hood and check the booster line like you said. It's like the easiest thing under the hood to see almost...

Let us know what you find. I'm putting headers on right now. Doesn't sound like a surprise I would like.

OP
OP
W

wigginz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did notice that I had popped the smaller rubber tube coming out of the booster, but I put that back in right away. I've had it pop out before, and it caused a check engine light not a brake warning light. My guess is that the metal tubes might have disconnected somehow when I was trying to pull out the heat shields or something. I'll let you know what I find later today.

Last edited:
Reaction score
have you found the problem? Did you check fuses, inspect the abs sensors at each wheel to see if a sensor is broken or wire pinched or burnt. I thought the abs unit did a self check when the ignition was turned on. I dont believe anything with the booster or vacuum is monitored by the abs unit.