ABS saved my front end today

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The abs just saved me from getting hit today. I was going to make a right, and some knob in front and to the left of me, decided she was going to make a right from the left lane. I nailed the brakes, felt the abs, and stopped just in time. I was going about 25mph. The roads were slightly wet, it rained a couple hours ago. This tool would have run right into the side of my car......*** I'm mad.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard ABS is for posers? Real men dont need it? Its over rated? Real vipers dont have ABS !! :rolleyes:

I completely agree with you, ABS is the real deal.. could care less what the NON ABS owners try to say. I have their pistons and ABS, and I would GLADLY give up my forged pistons to keep my ABS !! :2tu:

Jon

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
ABS saved your "rear end" also! :eek:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ABS is great... wish I had it on my 97. The ones that talk down ABS are usually jealous, or live on the tracks and can practice threshold braking between meals.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont have ABS on my 96' obviously, but I'd love to have it. I agree with Jon, I'd switch to cast pistons if I could get ABS. With all the power Vipers offer and idiot drivers out there, ABS could be a lifesaver.

Dreamert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be easier to add ABS to a non ABS Viper than swaping the internals from a non creampuff to a weaker brethren ?!....

Just a thought I guess not much would be required....ABS-equipped computer, some hardware and....?...

Any thoughts on that ? Then you'd get the best fo both worlds, and while you're at it, might as well go big on the brakes :laugh:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to make a right, and some knob in front and to the left of me, decided she was going to make a right from the left lane. I nailed the brakes, felt the abs, and stopped just in time. I was going about 25mph. The roads were slightly wet

If I don't trade up to an SRTC, I'll do the $8K up grade to ABS.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another reason why my 1st Viper will be a 2001-2002...

And boy, we sure cant wait to welcome you to the family with open ARMS when you do, starting right here with me.. :D

Jon

PS. As I stated, I didnt read your last 2 pm's just deleted them, but lets get together for a beer next time your in Chicago.. on me. ;)